Staples Business Advantage is the contract business to business division of Staples, working with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs with specialized pricing, dedicated account management, and a complete assortment of products and services at a low total delivered cost. In addition to a complete selection of office products, Staples Advantage offers: Business Interiors by Staples, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Facility Solutions, Staples Print Solutions and Staples Promotional Products.
To learn more about Staples Business Advantage visit us at: staplesbusinessadvantage.ca Job Summary
Responsible for the implementation and on-going technical support of Staples infrastructure reporting to the Manager or Sr. Manager of the area. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, day-to-day technical support, proactive monitoring and management, evaluation of new and emerging technologies, and maintaining third party support relationships. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides technical support for complex production systems and services. Knowledge / Skills Requirements Competencies Required:
• Proactively monitors infrastructure for optimal performance and provides input for capacity planning.
• Supports development activities and manages projects, and efforts that require specialized infrastructure skills.
• Contributes to the design and development of a disaster recovery and system recovery plan and provides infrastructure support.
• Defines infrastructure requirements for the implementation of new applications.
• Provides technical support for Staples' business unit representatives and IS organizations as required.
• Maintains relationships with third party technical support providers.
• Participates in the evaluation of new products and services.
• Identifies areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
• Maintains all relevant documentation.
• Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Participates in related industry organizations and special interest groups.
• Analysis - Analyze problems and issues Technical Requirements:
• Decision-Making - Exercise insightful judgement
• Planning - Establish group plans
• Managing Execution - Work effectively and efficiently
• Managing and Improving Processes - Contribute to process improvement
• Strategic Thinking - Support strategy
• Innovation - Leverage innovation
• Focus on Service - Deliver service requirements
• Influencing - Advocate ideas
• Collaborating - Collaborate with others
• Communication - Write and speak with impact
• Building Relationships - Build relationships
• Leverage Diversity - Understand and respect differences
• Results Orientation - Drive for results
• Adaptability - Adapt productively
• Design System - Design system components
• Develop Code and Scripts - Create elements
• Define and Execute System Tests - Create and execute complex tests
• Implement Systems - Implement complex systems
• Production Operations and Support - Define complex support procedures
• Minimum of 6 years experience with Cisco CCNP Must be passionate about:
• Preferred 5 years with CCDP/CCIE
• Network efficiency Recommended Qualifications
• New technologies to improve with automation for response to network incidents and issues
• Sharing with team members to sustain a subject matter excellence standard for the Staples network team
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
• 5-8 years of prior related work experience in network architecture/design and implementation
• WAN/SD-WAN experience
• SME level experience with Cisco Firewalls, routers L2 & L3 switching
Cisco DNA experience
• Hands on experience coming up through the ranks of CCT, CCNA to CCDP/CCIE level certification
• Hands-on experience with design and implementation of VoIP solutions
• Project Management experience with managing network implementations
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.