You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do. When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries. With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The Opportunity:
The Senior Marketing Manager - Financial Services (FS)
is responsible for leading the development, management and implementation of the marketing strategy, plan and programs for the national Financial Services practice. The Financial Services Practice is comprised of Banking, Insurance, Asset Management and Private Equity.
In this role you will work closely with the National Industry Leader as well as the National Sector Leads to develop a marketing and communication strategy that will support the goals and growth of the practice. You will also collaborate with colleagues in the global, national, service line and geographic marketing teams to share information, identify best practices and implement campaigns across the country.
The Senior Marketing Manager serves as the Performance Manager for a Senior Marketing Coordinator, overseeing their projects and performance as well as providing coaching and managing their professional development.What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Enhance market profile and reputation
- Develop and deliver programs to raise the external profile of the FS practice
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement an appropriate mix of activities that highlight KPMG's sector expertise (e.g. flagship thought leadership, PR, events, social and digital strategies)
- Develop and implement thought leadership projects based on the key issues in the order to profile our leaders and KPMG's experience and qualifications
- Support FS key accounts and provide marketing recommendations to support lead generation
- Strategic marketing planning, marketing program management and execution
- Work with National Industry Leader and Sector Leads to identify market opportunities and develop and execute a marketing and communications plan that will build brand and help drive growth and revenue for the practice.
- Collaborate with the FS and internal Agency teams to execute marketing and communications campaigns
- Collaborate with colleagues to create, implement and monitor effectiveness of marketing and communication programs that deliver on the objectives set in the national strategic marketing and communications plan.
- Consult with and drive collaboration amongst key senior stakeholders - national industry and sector leadership; industry, service line and geographic industry marketing leadership
- Identify emerging market opportunities based upon Financial Services knowledge
- Monitor emerging trends and opportunities in the industry, and work with industry and sector leadership to build brand, relationships and revenue in key markets
- Work with global counterparts to identify global content and trends that could be adapted for the Canadian market
- Continuous improvement and development: Responsible for developing ideas to progress the overall marketing program in order to foster a culture of continuous improvement and development
- Keep up to date with contemporary trends and thinking in KPMG's multi-function environment, with focus on identified growth opportunities to drive the National marketing agenda
- Embrace and drive innovative marketing strategies and techniques, translating the latest service and propositions, into practical approaches
- Embrace a digital-first mindset that leverages technologies to make a greater impact in market
- Internal network collaboration and resourcing
- Work closely and collaborate with service line, industry, geographic and global counterparts in the development of integrated plans and foster two-way communication and collaboration
- Collaborate with broader internal agency (Creative services, web, social, communications, CRM, etc.) to drive innovate marketing campaigns in market
- Budget management and marketing ROI
- Day-to-day management of a budget and tracking of KPIs
- Oversee allocation of marketing budget and regularly report results to National Industry Leader and Sector Executive to demonstrate value and ROI and make recommendations for improvements
- Support the yearly business and marketing planning and budgeting process
Keys to your success
- A marketing professional with 6 to 10 years' experience
- People and team management experience
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal)
- Experience collaborating, consulting and achieving results with senior leadership
- Ability to drive strategic results leveraging adaptability and resilience
- A keen understanding or interest in the FS industry (experience in FS preferred)
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing complex multi-channel marketing programs, with emphasis on digital, and aligning success to metrics, including analysis of ROI
- Experience in developing compelling value propositions for services/campaigns and creating integrated issue-based platforms both for promoting relationships and generating revenue
- Proven project management skills with the ability to get buy-in and support for projects from diverse and often widespread stakeholders
- Ability to travel domestically approximately once a quarter (on average)
- Experience in a partnership or professional services environment is an asset
- Required languages: English, French considered and asset
- Diploma or undergraduate degree preferably in a marketing related qualification
- Post graduate qualification in a marketing related discipline is an asset
- Collaborative working approach
- A strategic and lateral thinker with deep commercial awareness
- Confident and assertive with excellent influencing and persuasion skills
- Significant personal presence and excellent networking skills
- Strong marketing and communication skills across a wide range of channels
- Flexible and able to operate in the context of a variety of different settings.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Sales and Marketing