Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Canadian Mobile Banking team is responsible for mobile technology and end to end delivery for TD's top ranked financial services Mobile apps in Canada. The team is responsible for the design, delivery, and integration of systems across these consumer facing applications.
We are building a world class technology team to deliver critical business functionality while also driving TD's broader technology objectives of Agility, Speed, and Innovation. This dynamic team consists of innovative professionals who strive to deliver industry leading mobile client experiences and an API stack backing it, using modern and cost-effective technologies. The Canadian Banking Mobile team is looking for a Solutions Architect/Designer who is passionate about helping TD lead in the mobile space and who will further TD's Mobile Solutions strategy into the future. Job Description
As a Mobile Solution Architect/Designer, within Canadian Mobile Banking team , you will provide architecture and technology leadership to project delivery teams as they develop end to end client solutions, including Mobile apps and integrations to services & API's supporting the ever-evolving banking platform.
You will have key involvement in building our initiatives and in providing expertise and counsel ensuring technology teams and business areas understand the architectural options and technology choices in support of their business . Architects recommend solutions that account for total cost of ownership, risk and leverage (or advance) strategic enterprise assets.
Reporting to the Sr. IT Managing Architect ( Canadian Banking ), the Solution Architect/Designer will:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Lead design and development of an architecture for the mobile ecosystem, shared frameworks and applications
- Ensure adherence to enterprise and segment architecture strategy, roadmap, and principles
- Ability to create a consistent and well-defined solutions and architecture design & documentation
- Ability to sell your ideas and get consensus with other architects;
- Presenting and getting solutions ratified at a peer-reviewed Architecture Review Board
- Govern how solutions will be produced and implemented, including technology domain architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards.
- Oversee and define development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives, identify necessary system modifications.
- Participate in the creation of key architecture artifacts such as Blueprints, Assessment of Options and Functional/Non-Functional Requirements
- Participate in third-party/vendor product assessments and integrations
- Provide recommendations on value-added architectural improvements / enhancements
- Provide insight and recommendations to develop and implement system architecture with business units and technology departments while creating awareness of total ownership costs.
- Influence product direction and integrate technology from an architectural perspective within the business environment
- Participate as a top expert and consultant on the most high-risk and complex projects.
- Impart subject matter expertise to influence vendors on product design, develop and contribute to third-party contract negotiations where applicable.
- Build consensus, facilitate collaboration and decision-making within and across business units so IT strategy application aligns with architecture framework.
- Ensure projects comply with technology domain architecture, design and operate processes to help review ongoing activity against technology architecture and development standards.
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT trends, Industry developments, improvements, and solutions (buy, build, reuse).
- Participate in pre- and post-implementation reviews.
- Lead in knowledge transfer meetings with senior management, team, other technical areas and business units.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
- 7+ years relevant experience, designing and developing large scale software systems, including roles as Solution Architect
- 5+ years designing and developing software solutions for Mobile Platforms (Apps & API's)
- 3+ years of RESTful & Micro Services architecture and design
- 3+ years of designing containerized solutions/architecture
- Experience and knowledge of Public Cloud
- Azure Architect certifications would be a plus
- Strong software and code design skills, as well as current software engineering best practices
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and proven ability to work autonomously as an architectural specialist on high profile, complex and high risk technology projects with significant organizational impact.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to remain resilient under high pressure projects or regulatory demands
- Familiar with Enterprise Architecture discipline, Integration Architecture, and COTS/Vendor-based Applications
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical leadership, consulting and direction to a larger team on all aspects of architecture to ensure advanced learning occurs.
- Strength in influencing product direction and integrating technology from an architectural perspective within the business environment, and can fulfill an IT governance role.
- Proactive thinking when it comes to providing recommendations on value-added architectural improvements and enhancements.
- Capacity to take on one or more areas of focus (e.g. enterprise, data, application and technology architecture domains).
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.