All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD? TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Our Associate Programs offer new graduates the opportunity to work in one of TD's many lines of business, and the chance to work on challenging projects and assignments, alongside experienced colleagues, and receive coaching and mentorship from business leaders and the Early Talent Experience team, to set you up for success in your career at TD.
As an Associate, you will also have access to programming, tools and a community of support for your pursuits and interests beyond the 9-5. This includes leadership talks, lunch and learns, self-development workshops, TD sponsored conferences, socials, team challenges, volunteer opportunities, career coaching and more. You will be part of a cohort along with other TD Associates from across Canada! If one of our over 20+ Associate programs is of interest to you, please read on and apply today. Job Description
You will have the opportunity to work as a Software Engineer on our Mobile platforms, which includes iOS software engineering as well as Android Software engineering.
From Day 1, you are an equal member of the team who will be given meaningful assignments to help us deliver improvements and new mobile products for a variety of customer facing projects across TD, including Mobile Banking, Mobile Direct Investing, Mobile Payments, and Mobile for Everyone.
You will get experience developing native iOS or Android software used by millions of banking, investment, and insurance customers every day.
Job responsibilities in the Mobile Software Engineer Associate Program may vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Work with other software engineers in Agile Scrum teams to design and build native mobile software according to business requirements, UX designs, and architectural guidelines
- Adhere to developer expectations defined by the mobile team to ensure high-quality, re-usable, and maintainable software, including unit testing, code reviews, and documentation
- Continuously enhance your own knowledge and expertise to keep current with leading-edge technologies, trends, and developments, and transfer this knowledge to the team through informal day-to-day interactions and (if you're up for it) Lunch & Learn presentations
- Work on a broad range of tasks and multiple, concurrent projects. Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Help create a positive team environment that promotes collaboration, quality, innovation, and teamwork
- Perform Unit and System Integration testing
- Participate in Proof of Concept (POC) on new technologies and document findings
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause and resolution for application defects
- Ensure defect free programming by testing and debugging using available/appropriate tools and participate in reviewing peer coding
- Adhere to standard security coding practices to ensure application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
- Must be graduated, or graduating between Spring 2020 and Spring 2023, in Computer science, Engineering, Computing, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, implementation, and maintenance
- Understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Strong coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Fast learner who picks up new technologies quickly
- Demonstrates leadership, ability to communicate big picture and demonstrate solutions
- Analytical thinking, able to see like a customer and develop solutions that meet a need or uncover a new opportunity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and thrives working with others
- Familiarity with source code management such as GIT
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Familiar with Android SDK (level 21 and later) and open-source libraries such as Retrofit, and Dagger2
- Hands-on experienced with development tools such as Android Studio, Gradle, and Emulator
- Experience in Android development with Kotlin and Java
- Experience in iOS development with Swift
- Objective-C experience is nice to have
- Hands-on experience with development tools such as Xcode and storyboards
Assigned Line of Business Requirements
- Please note: This role will have varying start dates as applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis
- Applications must include a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
Please note that the line of business that you are assigned to may require specific skills not mentioned in this posting
37.5 Start Date
- Fall, - Spring, - Summer, - Winter Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Education and Training