Please review the job details below.
For more than three decades, human spaceflight has been supported by advanced robotics developed by MDA. We have combined complex robotics with control software to develop the Space Shuttle's Canadarm and the Mobile Servicing System for the International Space station. Leveraging our expertise in robotic technology and space-borne sensing systems, MDA is developing sophisticated systems for on-orbit servicing of satellites and planetary missions to explore Moon and Mars.
On Earth we are taking our experience in space robotics into new areas of advanced robotics for nuclear, medical, industrial, and mining applications. We invite you to visit our website at www.mdacorporation.com .Detail:
MDA is currently seeking an Engineer/Member of Technical Staff to carry out simulations, control systems,and operations engineering work for mission operations design and analysis and real time flight support. The successful applicant will participate in end-to-end mission design and analysis including:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Kinematic analysis and path planning
- Robotic interface contact dynamics modeling
- Development of mission-specific display and control parameters
- Dynamic simulation and contingency operations analysis
- Human-in-the-loop simulation assessments
- Participation in real-time operations support of space station assembly missions involving Canadarm2 and Dextre
- Review of on-orbit procedures
- Flight following and Performance monitoring
- On-orbit Off-Nominal/Anomaly investigations
- Frequent customer interaction, particularly with mission operations staff at the NASA Mission Operations Directorate at the Johnson Space Center in Houston
- Crew and mission controller training as classroom instructors or as Subject Matter Expert
Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Systems Engineering or Applied Mathematics and a Master's degree (preferably in one of these areas) or the equivalent. Two (2) years of post-graduate professional experience in a similar position are required. Knowledge of robotic systems, and operations analysis is an asset. Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink and Unix-based operating systems would also be a benefit. Knowledge of the MSS system and its operation is preferred.
Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to excel in a team environment, are essential to this position. All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
With respect to the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, you are encouraged to notify us.Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.