Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
25 The West Mall, Unit 1267, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9C 1B8
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we're here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We're looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.SUMMARY:
Merchandises and provides superior customer service. Maintains efficient flow of merchandise from the receiving door to the sales floor, experts in product inventory.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize backroom product and follow Backroom Inventory Management (BIMI) processes
- Uses PDT and MMS Systems to perform daily tasks (Eg. Cycle Counts, Labels, Signage, etc.)
- As directed, manage Exit Strategy and Product Return (this includes the weekly coordinating with the BBM/ CM/ or Cosmetic Merchandiser to complete the cosmetic exit strategies and inventory to be recovered from Vendors in the Cosmetic Morgue)
- Ensures signage and talkers are printed then take part in execution, including flyers, corporate markdowns, and labels
- Expert in assigned areas of product inventory, product placement, expiry dates, promotion, etc.
- Maintains Store Standard pertaining to image and trends in store
- Ensures product displays are consumer focused and "shoppable"
- Works with the local food and beverage vendors to ensure proper process adhered to in regards to on the floor merchandising support in upholding a customer friendly environment
- Completes daily reports in regards to inventory correction and on the floor merchandise discrepancies researched and completed with appropriate shareholders (holding tank, cost anomaly)
- Protects assets in merchandise packaging repairs, where applicable, and couponing for sale versus damage out and reviews all damages and informs FSM to any opportunities to educate and improve Total Loss
- Receives merchandise including Distribution Centre, seasonal, and DSD deliveries in accordance with the receiving policies and procedures
- Maintains a neat and organized backroom according to principles of backroom organization
- Ensures proper documentation is completed with respect to the receiving and return of goods
- Supports Front Store Manager/Assistant Front Store Manager in maintaining the quality and standards associated withperishable items as per the Store Standards
- If Post Office on site, regular coordinating with Post Office Manager to ensure incoming and outgoing mail are handled in a timely and secure manner
- Clean image to the customers in accordance with uniform policy and dress code guidelines (eg. approved uniform and name badge, clean appearance)
- Takes initiative to acknowledge and assist customers in the aisles
- Answers inquiries regarding location of product, rainchecks, PC Optimum
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all Store Standards
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed throughout the store
- Perform other duties as required including Cash duties
- Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Balance of teamwork and efficiency in merchandising and receiving to meet store and customer expectations
- Efficiency, organization and neatness
- Copes with changing situations on the sales floor
- Cash responsibilities (if applicable) require accuracy and efficiency in processing the customer order to meet store and customer expectations
- Some computer and register skills
- Well organized with ability to record keep
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to function as part of the team in a fast paced environment
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers & Canada's Top Employers for Young People.Employment Type:
Part timeType of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.