Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
9186 Highway 93, RR 2, Midland, Ontario, L4R 4K4
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we're here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We're looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.SUMMARY:
Merchandisesand provides superior customer service.Maintainsefficient flow of merchandise from the receiving door to the sales floor,experts in product inventoryand ensuring product expiry is first and foremost a priority.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize backroom product and follow Backroom Inventory Management (BIMI) processes
- Uses PDT and MMS Systems to perform daily tasks (Eg. Cycle Counts, Labels, Signage, etc.)
- Ensures product is replenished on shelves in a timely manner
- Assembles and displaypre-packs
- Completes all planogram adjustments and changeswithin provided timelines
- Ensures signage and talkers displayed accordinglyincluding flyers, corporate markdowns
- Advanced skills in MMSsuch as,creating and managing events to support short dated merchandise sell through, signing, ordering and inventorycontrol tools
- Supports ordering for grocery areas from DSD vendors such as and not inclusive to dairy, bread, Coke/ Pepsi
- Expert in assigned areas of product inventory,product placement,expiry dates, promotion, etc.
- Utilizes events and coupons to move items that are short dated to help protect damagesand keep stock from expiring on shelves
- MaintainsStore Standards pertaining toimageand trends in
- Ensuresthe properrotationof products with"the first in first out" guideline
- Ensures product displays are consumer focusedand "shoppable"
- Follows the Sanitation Schedule to ensure the proper cleanliness standards are met for allfood areas such asback shelves, on floor shelving, fridge, freezer &cooler areasboth on floor and in back room
- Clean image to the customers in accordance with Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (eg. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Takes initiative to acknowledge and assist customers in the aisles
- Answers inquiries regarding location of product, rainchecks, PC Optimum
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all Store Standards
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed
- Perform other duties as required including Cash duties
Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Balance of teamwork and efficiency in merchandising and receiving to meet store and customer expectations
- Efficiency, organization and neatness
- Copes with changing situations on the sales floor
- Cash responsibilities (if applicable) require accuracy and efficiency in processing the customer order to meet store and customer expectations
- Some computer and register skills
- Well organized with ability to record keep
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to function as part of the team in a fast paced environment
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers & Canada's Top Employers for Young People.Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.