WSP's Building GTA M&E Transportation Team is currently seeking a Mechanical Designer, Buildings M&E Transportation to join our Mechanical team, located at Thornhill office. Reporting to Mechanical Manager, the Mechanical Designer will be responsible for some design, drawings with AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Revit 3D modeling services on various Transportation projects. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Basic calculation, design, and installation details for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, domestic hot and cold water piping, sanitary and storm piping layout, and Natural gas piping;
- Preparing AutoCAD drawings and Revit 3D modeling for mechanical systems;
- Learning building mechanical engineering requirement, exposure to Ontario Building Code (OBC), ASHRAE, ASPE, NFPA, and CSA standards for building and site design;
- Perform individually or as a team member, under direct supervision of engineers and project managers;
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering program;
- Ability to work independently or as a team member to deliver comprehensive design and meet the deadlines;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit 3D;
- Familiarity with software used for mechanical engineering such as HAP, Tracer, equipment selection, etc.
- Interpersonal skills with team members and other disciplines;
- Enthusiastic, eager to learn, detail oriented, organized, hard worker, and team player attitude;
- Verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.