Department: International Education and Development
Classification: Support Staff
Posting Date: September 8, 2021
Salary Range: $30.18 (start rate) - $34.98 (4 year rate)
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
Status: Contract (Appendix D)
Effective Date: Sept 2021 to September 17, 2022
THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE. Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Director, Global Engagement, the incumbent supports all international marketing and communications pertaining to International students and the programs / services provided by the college to the international markets. S/he drafts communications and key messages for administration, web, print media and social media and provides graphic design support in the development of marketing materials to support recruitment and retention strategies for international students and cultural integration strategies for all students. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and updating the initial Internationalization Marketing and Communications Plan
• Coordinating, prioritizing and managing the flow of marketing and communication requests
• Drafting, designing, and producing multi country communications and marketing products (i.e. videography, photography, digital communications, case studies, etc.) in multi-language formats
• Working collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team for coordinated campaign efforts to recruit international partnerships and assist with student recruitment
• Working closely with the International Manager(s), and in-country representatives in various partnerships (i.e. India, China, Japan, etc.) to develop recruitment focused communications / key messaging that showcases Georgian's abilities and services in a favourable and professional manner to prospective students.
• In conjunction with the Director, sources and recommends subcontractors (i.e. printers, photographers, videographers, etc.) and coordinates services as required by obtaining price quotes, establishing delivery details, overseeing production schedules, as well as receiving and processing invoices for payment
• Assisting with the development and implementation of various projects by drafting communications to support recruitment and retention, and community/network information and initiatives
• Coordinating the shipment of final marketing or communication materials
• Participating in college wide events on behalf of the International department (i.e. Open Houses, Diversity Week, PD events, community events, etc.)
• Gathering and tabulating information from current International students through surveys, focus groups and workshops to determine best practices and feedback for continuous improvements
• Providing continuous and scheduled communication with current International students including graphic design and marketing initiatives
• Developing and circulating a regularly scheduled newsletter for International students and external networks to offer support and maintain relationships
• Developing and drafting ongoing communications with International alumni
• Meeting with team members to discuss projects, design expectations, target audience, deadlines, etc.
• Developing and managing International's social media and website activity according to the college's media practices and guidelines
• Ensuring messages support International enrolment targets, priorities and community engagement
• Working closely with Marketing and Communications to implement plans to leverage social media, website, and other tools to identify, attract, engage, retain and manage internal and external audiences, including prospective students, employers and community stakeholdersQUALIFICATIONS:
• Successfully complete a two-year postsecondary diploma in communications, public relations, marketing or a relevant field
• A minimum of three years' experience in a role where duties included drafting and producing communications and marketing products using graphic design and advanced multimedia
• Graphic design experience
• Experience drafting and producing multi-country communications and marketing products
• Experience in data analysis
• Demonstrated experience using advanced multi-media and applicable computer software
• Proficiency in additional language(s) an asset
• Cultural awareness with demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of particular audiences
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.APPLY NOW:Georgian College has a COVID-19 vaccination procedure in place. As a condition of employment, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to work on any campus, or a facility owned, operated or controlled by Georgian College unless they have a valid medical or religious belief/creed reason for not getting vaccinated, which reason will be considered on a case by case basis and which will be subject to the College's accommodation processes.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on September 14, 2021
. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.