Market Segment Account Centric Client Executive
Reference ID: TOR003HP
The Market Segment Account Centric Client Executive (CE) is responsible for delivering exceptional client service (ECS) to our clients by understanding client issues and challenges, leveraging the firm's capabilities to address these and driving new business opportunities to grow revenue and to deepen customer relationship management (CRM). Focusing on multiple Core accounts within a Market Segment this role will drive global accounts strategy, rigorous account planning and relationship development across the client(s) organization. Key Responsibilities include: Delivering global Total Engagement Revenue (TER) results as well as personal sales and pipeline targets. Spending approximately 80% of his/her time leading by example by being externally focused and engaging with the client and delivering exceptional client experience. Acting as a proxy for the Global Client Relationship Partner both internally and externally with the client(s). Expected percentage of time spent per BD activity: Strategy 10%/Management 10%/Client facing 80%.
Your key responsibilities
Inspires others through action in the market, being connected, responsive and insightful. (R). Coaches account personnel to ensure optimal account performance by instilling ECS principles, behaviors and practices (R). Leverages support resources (i.e., Marketing resources, Knowledge resources, Global Industry Sectors, Sector Analysts, Global Commercial Functions) appropriately by providing regular input and feedback. Identify, resolve or escalate issues (R). As the job involves responding to clients' needs and varying time zones, long hours are regularly required. Moderate to frequent travel will be required.
1. Global account strategy and sales leadership: Drives revenue, sales and relationships on multiple Core account(s) (R). Develop and drive account planning and the global account strategy through regular account planning performance discussions. Advise the Global Coordinating Service Partner (GCSP) and the account team to achieve the goals for Global Total Engagement Revenue (TER), global margin and global sales/pipeline (A). Develop and achieve personal sales goal (R). Provide expert advice and co-develop the global account strategy with the GCSP and the account team by utilizing the account management framework (AMF) (A). Drive a winning and culture of continuous improvement within the assigned account(s) through regular account performance discussions. Serve as a strategic advisor to the GCSP and the global account team on pipeline execution, deal review, pricing and negotiation strategies. In many instances, will act as a proxy for the GCSP where appropriate with the client and internally (A). Execute in the field with engagement teams to support them on their most important pursuits and client relationships (R). Facilitate client sessions - for example client facilitated sessions, Alliance introductions and exploration workshops, Growing Beyond Borders sessions, Wavespace sessions etc. (R). Lead discussions and actively participate in the services BD network to share best practices and Exceptional Client Service (ECS) principles (R). Build and maintain all key alliance relationships. Stay ahead of EY partner investments and bring relevant partnerships to the field of play leaders and clients for inclusion in the strategy. (A).
2. Initiate, build and sustain exceptional client relationships to the most senior levels of the organisation: Develop and execute the account plans to develop critical business relationships across the account (A). Drive ECS in every external and internal encounter which includes: a) Being connected to your client's business agenda and leveraging the global EY network to connect our clients to the right people (A). b) Being responsive to our client's needs and seeking and providing continuous feedback through Clients Insights Program (R). c) Being insightful through proactively sharing relevant metrics, trends and strategies to address and reach client needs (A). Challenge the strength of critical business relationships in each field of play, and assist the GCSP and the account team in the development of relevant, wide-reaching and leverageable client relationships worldwide (R). Develop and implement the plan for Expectations of Service Quality (ESQ) and participate in interviews for key buying influencers to ensure we are delivering ECS (R). Review the Assessment of Service Quality (ASQ) results and develop and implement a plan that addresses issues and identifies potential opportunities for the business (A). Serve as contact member of the core team for customer concerns if/when they arise; identify appropriate resolution to achieve client satisfaction and retention (A).
3. Opportunity Management: Act as a strategic advisor to the GCSP and account team on global pipeline execution, revenue plan deal review and negotiation strategies (A).
Identify opportunities and client challenges and bring the appropriate EY resources and insights to the client to resolve challenges. Adopt a particular focus on transformative opportunities with the client, through the development of our Tier 1 & 2 Alliances, digital activation and managed service provision (R). Leverage and drive strategic pursuits tools, which include EY sales tools, processes and methodologies (A). Instill strategic commercial/pricing methodology to optimise account margin (A). Participate in deal review process as required. Negotiate and implement global strategic framework agreements supported by global rate cards (R). Identify field of play (FOP) expansion relevant to the account and our services (R). Measurements; Quantitative 60 - Revenue 20/Sales 40 - Qualitative 40
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
Must be able to work within a matrixed organization-balancing the needs of the client against firm initiatives and goals. Needs to identify appropriate product/service offerings to meet the client's needs. Must make decisions, such as prioritize relationships to develop, negotiate with clients (external and internal) and overcome obstacles with minimal supervision.
This role will have indirect responsibility for coaching individuals related to the account (client servers, etc.) and will be expected to inspire others through action in the marketplace.
Skills and attributes for success
• CE resources need to be driven individuals and possess the hard and soft skills necessary to drive transformational performance across our portfolio of accounts and solutions.
• Ability to build high-impact c-suite relationships quickly and sustain them.
• Strong content expertise (technical/sector). Strong change agent skills.
• The ability to flex personal style as required.
• Strong ability to focus on commercial outcomes that align with the interests of our clients. Strong knowledge of current and emerging sales tools, methodologies and go-to-market (GTM) models including social media.
• Leading and credible social media profile. Expert client management and client relationships skills.
• Strong Executive presence. Expert influencing skills.
• Solid understanding of the marketplace/industry, competitive and account information.
• Ability to team with and influence technical partners to formulate the best strategy to serve the client.
• Ability to bring new ideas and innovation to deliverables with a strong focus on transformative digital, managed service and/or Alliance- based solutions. Strong ability to handle and resolve conflict.
To qualify for the role you must have
• University/Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
• 10-12 years of business development experience in the professional services and solutions arena.
• A proven record of selling complex services and solutions at the "C" level of Fortune 500 companies with a preference in a professional services environment.
• Specific experience selling complex digital, technology and/or managed services solutions to clients. Team selling experience.
Ideally, you'll also have
• Completion of Miller Heiman methodology courses within 1-2 years of hire. Expected to remain current on EY training and curriculum (e.g. AMF, CCC, Badges, among others).
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: May 19, 2019
Closes: July 18, 2019