Market Manager - Devices (Greater Toronto Area)
Reference ID: 648218
Amazon offers a collection of revolutionary devices and the device business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing at Amazon. Our lineup includes Echo devices, Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, and more. We pride ourselves in being able to provide customers a fully-integrated service with broad access to millions of books, games, movies, TV shows, and songs.
The Amazon Offline Retail team is responsible for providing training and support for Amazon devices at brick and mortar retailers. Market Managers provide in store support in the rollout of marketing initiatives for Amazon branded products in retail locations. They are responsible for the in-store experience, running demo days, fostering relationships, training at the store level and promoting Amazon through customer interactions. Market Managers are focused on increasing awareness of Amazon products in retail stores, educating store associates and consumers on the value of Amazon devices, accessories and Amazon in general.
Market Managers ensure the Amazon in-store experience and merchandising is properly implemented across retailers. They serve as the Amazon evangelist, running group training events for retail associates on how to position Amazon products and participating in store demonstration days. They manage the in store product merchandising transitions and retailer communications. They rely heavily on influence to drive project deliverables.
In this role you will:
• Travel to complete store visits within assigned territory
•Occasional Travel to the US for Training and Market visits
• Manage business expense (mileage, etc.) and submit expense reports accurately
• Effectively install, troubleshoot, and maintain a variety of Amazon devices in various national retail stores
• Assist customers and act as an ambassador of the Amazon brand
• Develop professional relationships with store managers, general managers and in-store employees
• Educate store associates on the value of Amazon devices, accessories and Amazon ecosystem - • Work with retail sales personnel to resolve merchandising and training issues.
• Follow instructions to assemble displays and reset sections according to planogram
• Set-up and/or ensure powered displays are fully functional
• Conduct basic merchandising visits such as stocking, cleaning, auditing, and updating signage
• Ensure the Amazon in-store experience and merchandising is properly implemented across retailers within your region
• Conduct training and demonstrations in-store and during large scale events based on program / market needs
• Complete daily in store reports to document visits, including submitting digital photos
• Participate in demonstration days during peak traffic periods at select retail locations
• Collect business and market insights from consumers and store associates
• Create and participate in quarterly business reviews and quarterly business reviews
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• May be asked to participate in overnight travel
• Be on your feet for up to 8 hours at a time
• Push, pull, lift or carry items up to 50 pounds (with or without reasonable accommodation)
• 6+ years of work experience in retail sales
• Flexible work hours including nights and weekends (ability to work 40 hours a week)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Access to reliable transportation to travel between worksites during the work day
• Possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and a clean motor vehicle record
• Possess a cell phone compatible with Form.com which includes, iOS and Android devices. Form.com is not compatible with Windows, Blackberry or any other OS
Preferred Qualifications • 8+ years of relevant work experience in retail sales, preferably consumer electronics or high-tech products
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience managing multi retail accounts
• Experience and comfort presenting to large audiences
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to complete multiple activities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Posted: August 12, 2018
Closes: September 17, 2018