VIRTUAL59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Enterprise Fraud Management is on an exciting journey to build a best-in-class fraud team recognized by peers, customers and the industry. Our teams are built to proactively detect, prevent, and mitigate Fraud through an innovative Fraud Risk Management program and 24/7 North American Fraud Operations function. We always strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience, while ensuring the bank and our customers are protected from Fraud activity.
Manages fraud operations (detection, investigations, and event management) and optimizes fraud analytics, data mining, and management information to strengthen BMO's capability to prevent, detect and neutralize fraud threats as part of the Financial Crimes Unit. The scope is enterprise-wide across BMO's global operations and suite of businesses & products; all types of external fraud including online, mobile, ATM, Voice and branch channel. Ensures BMO is well equipped to face threats of increasing sophistication and speed that demand better proactive & integrated 24/7/365 detection, response, and recovery capabilities across all businesses and in all the jurisdictions.
- Develops a multi year strategy for the fraud operations function to build enterprise-wide capability across multiple types of fraud to protect assets and minimize losses across all businesses driving the consistent and effective identification, assessment and mitigation of fraud
- As a member of the leadership team, contributes to the overall strategic planning and direction of the Enterprise Fraud Management team
- Leads enterprise fraud prevention, detection, intervention, recovery, analysis, investigation, and lessons learned, strengthening and further enabling real time online fraud monitoring and response to minimize loss.
- Manages the daily fraud operations and recoveries processes and associated operational metrics.
- Leads global fraud operations programs and oversees the day to day monitoring of fraud activities, managing the fraud recoveries and fraud disputes program
- Identifies trends and campaigns, attribute threat actors, and develops enhanced protective measures
- Develops and executes information sharing processes/protocols between all internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads the fusion of information, analysis, and data from across fraud and other security teams to better identify real or potential fraud
- Utilizes big data modeling and cluster analysis for anomaly detection and analysis
- Manages handoffs between fraud teams, other security teams, and with business/business functions
- Frames, monitors and reports Key Risk Indicators
- Creates and utilizes a formalized case management system that is integrated with cyber, physical security, and AML
- Creates and implement a fraud alerting and reporting capability
- Develops fraud warnings, trends, and mitigation measures
- Provides thought leadership in the development of Fraud Operations
- Maintain in-depth awareness and understanding of current and emerging trends in fraud operations to inform strategy.
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Works with key stakeholders to understand and manage fraud risk associated with the Banks activities
- Within the mandate of this role, promotes and supports the Bank's risk culture including ensuring employees understand their accountabilities for risk-taking activities, promoting an environment of open communication and effective challenge, and establishing the "tone from the top" through leading by example.
- Role models driving simplicity and productivity enhancements for optimization across groups driving continuous improvement on key measures
- Activates our winning culture, aligned with Purpose. Ignites engagement by aligning our culture to our strategy and fueling exceptional execution
- Fosters diversity, equity and inclusion and creates an inclusive environment for all employees by eliminating barriers to inclusion
- Develops leaders, plans for succession, and fosters a high-performance culture
- Drives top talent acquisition and retention, developing organizational capabilities to drive competitive advantage
- Leads and mentors a team with diverse risk and business experience, skills and orientation
- Leads, promotes and reinforces the Bank's customer focus to support our vision
- Personally role models customer focus
- Drives sustainable improvements in customer loyalty and business growth
- Adheres and supports enterprise customer experience and brand standards
We're here to help
- Post secondary education with one or more preferred industry qualification CFE, CAFP, CAMS
- 10+ years of experience in fraud operations and demonstrated experience of managing large teams of fraud operations personnel in a 24/7/365 operating model
- 5+ years in a management or leadership position and with previous experience working in the financial services
- An established leader with hands-on experience with fraud operations
- Ability to work in an environment that is undergoing a transformation and helping to drive the transformation
- Ability to problem-solve complex issues to drive shared goals and outcomes across internal and external teams
- Ability to develop and drive a vision and strategy with proven results in execution
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to drive actionable insights and strategies
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Customer Service and Support