You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG's Operations Advisory Practice helps organizations to develop efficient and effective operations to support strategic business objectives. We support our clients in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing and delivering the changes required to align their operating models to their financial targets and strategic objectives. This approach helps deliver timely improvements in performance and visibility, and control for long-term operating impact.
We start with the big picture, before narrowing it to reflect our clients' most pressing concerns, focusing on continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, delivering bottom-line improvements and enhancing quality and service levels.
Our Operations Advisory practice is seeking a Manager to strengthen our Financial Services team, specifically our Wealth and Asset Management offering in the Toronto office. We are looking for talented professionals like you, with a proven record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional, meaningful client service. You will have an opportunity to work with leading Canadian wealth and asset managers, as well as pension funds. What you will do
As a Manager in our Operations Advisory practice, you will use your strong business acumen and be a key member of a high performing team. You'll be learning from some of the best in the financial services industry and growing your personal skillset by :
What you bring to the role
- Developing trusted client relationships with client project managers and managing engagement teams of up to 3-5 practitioners. You will facilitate client workshops and conduct interviews with client personnel as well as maintain our very high-quality standards, meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Supporting timely engagement management with a focus on Wealth and Asset management segment, and ensuring on-time, in-budget high quality delivery.
- Providing expertise and knowledge for full spectrum of client-related business activities and projects, while taking accountability for leading client engagements .
- Supporting client pursuits and proposal development with support from Senior Leadership, and working with KPMG leaders to develop thought leadership, white papers and other intellectual assets.
- Growing your reputation as a trusted advisor and as a champion within your area of personal expertise.
- Leveraging your strong understanding of operations, finance, and compliance/risk.
- Growing your coaching and feedback skills through providing day-to-day guidance and mentoring to your team and supporting our Open Feedback culture
Keys to your success:
- 5-10 years of work experience in a comparable capacity in financial services consulting or industry (banking, insurance, wealth and asset management etc.).
- Wealth and asset management industry experience is an asset
- Consulting experience is an asset.
- University degree in business, management, operations, or MBA / MBA equivalent from an accredited university.
- Comfortable working at both the conceptual and the hands-on level with big picture thinking and growth-oriented leadership skills.
- Passionate in supporting proposals in addition to your project work.
- A deep understanding of the interrelationships between people/organization, business processes and enabling technologies as contributors to business effectiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in working with large data sets, able to draw insights from data, and have a data driven mindset.
- Experience with financial analysis, data modelling, or other comparable quantitative experience.
- Project execution skills including leading day-to-day execution, team management in mid-level client engagements, managing project schedule, risks and timelines,
- Strong at cultivating relationships at mid-levels - Managers, Senior Managers and Directors.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral & written), with the ability to interact confidently with all levels of management
- Demonstrated project or engagement management ability to plan and execute projects/engagements to a successful conclusion
- Proven track record with the types of business development activities and an established network of relevant contacts
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance