Permanent Reference code
:103582 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you interested in growing your career within the intersections of design, business, and technology? Do you love to solve complex business problems using creative methods? Does the potential between user-centered design and new technologies excite and aspire you to make data-driven design decisions, and above all, to be involved in using data to create meaningful stories that are not only beautiful, but impactful? If that is you, then Omnia AI is where you want to be.What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
As a Design Lead, you'll be leading a team within a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, working closely with our industry practitioners and leaders from multiple disciplines. As a member of cross-functional AI & Analytics solution delivery teams, you will be responsible for leading and managing the end-to-end design process and resources for a variety of client projects and industries. We're looking for a well-rounded design leader who is passionate about design process, human-centered approach to how data is consumed by our clients, with a focus on information design, UX/UI design, and data-driven strategic visual communication. You'll be a driver educating the value of design to our clients and helping us grow our unique design practice for AI & Analytics.
• Lead and execute strategy and solution with - Provide oversight and mentor a core delivery team comprised of different skillsets to execute the end-to-end delivery of key results in alignment with business objectives while managing expected scope and effort within set timeline
• Actively engage with clients and stakeholders - Build rapport and client trust to create a meaningful overall engagement experience and deliver results
• Be the advocate of user experience - Understand that a solution is not just a tool; but part of an interactive process between human users and data
• Lead and facilitate the design thinking process - Plan, schedule and conduct design workshops to gather user requirements through UX exercises (user flows, personas, story mapping) and owning documentation of process and outcomes
• Bridge multiple perspectives to communicate and rationalize design decisions effectively -Act as design mediator between business needs, user needs and technical feasibility throughout the design thinking process
• Guide designers to deliver desirable visual concepts - Provide oversight to produce low to high-fidelity wireframes and screen mock-ups for interactive data visualization dashboards, AI and analytics solution applications, applying UI and information design best practices
• Effectively manage project scope and resources to meet milestones - Drive defining the end-to-end project objective and goal, validate business and technical requirements to scope level of effort for projects
• Collaborate extensively with clients, lead design thinking workshops, orchestrate UX exercises (user flow/workflow, story mapping) and documentation of the process and outcomes
• Review and provide quality assurance for low through high-fidelity wireframes and screen mock-ups for interactive data visualization dashboards, AI and analytics solution applications
• Work through iterative cycles, incorporate feedback, complete user testing and quality checks, and hand over assets to the development team
• Learn and grow your career supported by passionate leaders and teammatesAbout the teamOmnia AI, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence (AI) practice
is comprised of a collaborative team of experts who use their hands-on experience with cutting-edge information assets to facilitate successful AI transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client's transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
Our Visual Analytics & Information Design practice
marries data analytics, information design, and visualization, ensuring the clean and effective presentation of information, and involves a multi-disciplinary approach to communication. Driven by user-centered design frameworks, our cross-functional practice encompasses principles from design thinking, graphic design, UI/UX design, communication theory, business strategy, data transformation, data architecture and data science. Solving complex business problem with custom interactive visualizations, we enable users to gain greater insights that will directly support impactful business decision making.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are an experienced, versatile design leader, who:
• Has 3+ years of experience in a design leadership role managing designers
• Has 5+ years of professional experience working as a designer (UX/UI design, visual design, web & digital design, interaction design) at an agency, consultancy or equivalent
• Has a university degree or post-secondary education in disciplines of design or equivalent professional working experience
• Has an online portfolio demonstrating breadth of executed design products outlined with clear objectives, goals, process in arriving at the solution, values, and outcomes
• Is proficient with tools such as Figma/Sketch (or other prototyping tools), Adobe CC Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD), non-traditional design tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and collaboration tools such as Miro
• Demonstrates grit and thrives in challenges, a self-starter and collaborative team player with a proactive work ethic
• Enjoys and is adept in learning with the flow, is interested in diverse perspectives and approaches, with the ability to quickly dive into a new domain, process, and concept
• Loves to think 'less is more' and has a passion for delivering simple and effective solutions to complex business problems
• Is a persuasive communicator/storyteller and can effectively explain complex concepts to stakeholders at all levels
• Can work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work
• Can navigate difficult discussions and ambiguity to arrive at design solutions
• Is a collaborative orchestrator, facilitates working sessions to bring user-centered design thinking to translate complex business and technical problems into design solutions
• Can apply design processes to reconcile business and user problems to generate sensible, enticing visual solutions
• Can confidently execute a variety of design outputs such as prototypes, wireframes, user flow, user journey and story mapping, under pressure
• Is eligible for Enhanced Reliability security clearance with the Government of Canada
• Has French language skills (written and spoken) - an assetOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
User Experience, Information Technology, IT Manager, Developer, QA, Technology, Quality
Management and Executive