255 Queens Avenue
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Provides high quality sales and service to investment clients to deliver an exceptional client experience. Provides technical expertise for all aspects of investment management and administration to ensure compliance. Works collaboratively within the branch and the regional team as part of the client/relationship management solution. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups as appropriate.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Assists / oversees the preparation of new business proposals or presentations to clients / prospects based upon their needs.
- Directly manages a limited number of investment accounts.
- Develops and implements customer contact schedule.
- Develops an overall understanding of assigned client's investment strategy to best serve the customer.
- Provides general investment support to assigned accounts.
- Develops an understanding of the Bank's investment strategy and philosophy and is effectively communicates this to clients and prospects.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Uses models to structure a portfolio based on specific criteria.
- Prepares spreadsheets and reports with information about performance information, portfolio summaries, asset allocation targets, etc.
- Implements portfolio re-optimizations and enters client equity and fixed income trades.
- Monitors cash balances in client accounts and identifies cash requirements.
- Participates in account review process and completion of required action items.
- Organizes client files and ensures proper documentation.
- Performs sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels.
- Provides administrative support to team members and relationship managers that includes regular communication with clients, investigating and responding to customer inquiries, preparing customized client reports, implementing portfolio re-optimizations, and verifying performance measurement reports.
- Meets high-quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and earn their trust.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers' assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensures an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Finance related degree preferred.
- Broad knowledge of financial markets, portfolio management theory, and relevant regulations.
- Proficiency with investment management software.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing