Requisition ID: 101493
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Canadian Banking Internal Controls Unit ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, standards and procedures.
The Manager, Third Party Risk Management - Internal Controls will ensure integrated and comprehensive business controls are in place to reinforce a strong risk and control culture in Canadian Banking focusing on Third Party Risk. The incumbent will also ensure best practices are used, leveraging lessons learned across Canadian Banking and address issues, which may be more systemic.Key Accountabilities
• Be the subject matter expert in the Global Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Program and the trusted risk advisor to the contract owners and Vendor Management Office for Canadian Banking
• Develop strong relationships with Canadian Banking contract owners, and serve as the primary conduit between the contract owners, GRM-TPRM and the Control & Support Functions.
• Assist contract owners in accurately completing third party risk assessments and due diligence activities within the TPRM system on a timely basis.
• Ensure all applicable stakeholders are kept informed of the Global TPRM Program requirements, policy updates and communications.
• Support the implementation, monitoring, tracking and reporting of Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) key metrics and indicators for Canadian Banking to ensure adherence to the Global TPRM Program policies and standards.
• Assist the Senior Manager to execute communications strategy including: (1) developing business reporting/dashboard and communications on significant TPRM updates and issues to Senior Management on a timely manner; (2) creating and maintaining up-to-date content on Canadian Banking Third Party Risk Management Scotiabank Live site; and (3) developing procedures, job aids and communications to support contract owners in their day-to-day Third Party management activities.
• Assist the Director with developing and execution of the Canadian Banking Third Party Risk Management strategy and plan.
• Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency to support Canadian Banking contract owners in the execution of the Global TPRM Program.
• Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions, with a specific focus on third party risk.
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business ConductEducation and Other Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in an operational/third party risk management or audit function in the financial services industry or 7+ years of relevant Retail & Commercial Banking experience.
- Strong understanding of Third Party Risk and the importance of key mitigating controls.
- Experience with identifying, documenting and assessing risk and controls within the first line.
- Strong understanding of OSFI B-10, E-13 and E-21.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate with business partners at all levels of the Bank.
- Proven leadership and time-management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and negotiating skills.
- Working knowledge of PowerBI, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Finance, Management, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance