Technology is changing the way businesses are operating. New technologies provide businesses with the potential to deliver new services, operate in new markets and to change the way they operate. Associated with these opportunities come risks, our clients seek independent advice and assurance over diverse issues which include for example the design and operation of their internal controls, the security of their business critical systems, the delivery of major IT enabled programmes, their relationships with third parties, and their management, stewardship and ability to exploit business critical data. The opportunity
EY is seeking a Manager to join our Technology Risk team. This professional will manage engagement teams, as well as directly assist clients in employing information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. The successful candidate will also work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT professionals in performing information technology (IT) control and security engagements
This professional will also be expected to interact with other members of the Business Consulting service line and potentially touch upon topics such as cyber security, IT risk assessments, privacy assessments, technology selections & implementations, data analysis and many other issues our clients deal with.
Your key responsibilities
• Financial Audit IT Integration - Execution of IT related audit procedures (including IT related procedures beyond ITGCs) in support of financial statement audits and reporting on internal controls over financial reporting (integrated and non-integrated audits) • Internal Controls Attestations - Focus on providing an opinion on management's assertion over business processes and controls including IT General Controls. • Service organization reporting - Focus on the issuance of third-party reports in the form of 3416 reports, SOC 1 & SOC 2 reports, etc. • Provide high quality professional day-to-day management of internal/external audit engagements/projects and understand EY's practices and broader service offerings and identify potential opportunities to improve such service offerings • Lead and support on-site coordination role for clients including planning, briefing team on the client's IT environment and industry IT trends, communicating with the clients and completing audit engagements • Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered. • Prepare IT reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency of a control or process. • Able to discuss and resolve audit issues and recommendations with client management. • Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations • Lead and provide relevant support to the teams of senior consultants and consultants, including delivering formal IT Audit related trainings. • Maintain long-term client relationships and networks as well as cultivate business development opportunities. Skills and attributes for success
• Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments • Flexible with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • The ability to build strong client relationships • Strong team working skills are essential • Strong presentation and facilitation skills • A passion to contribute to the growth of the practice • Strong experience interacting with clients at all levels including Staff, Leadership and Partners Strong written, communication, and presentation skills.
Ability to coach and mentor junior staff on engagements. To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program required. • A minimum of 5 years of direct operational risk experience or technical knowledge of IT-related assessments or audits (e.g., Internal Controls for Financial Reporting, SOX, SOC reporting) • Relevant professional designation, such as CPA, CISA, CIA, CISSP, CISM, or eligible to obtain relevant designt • Comprehensive knowledge of internal auditing standards and techniques; • Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills; • Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic; • Proficiency using MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, OneNote and PowerPoint • Ability to obtain Government of Canada Secret clearance • Willingness to travel Ideally, you'll also have
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic What we look for
As an ambassador for the Technology Risk team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients' high expectations. We are seeking high performing individuals who have been recognised for exceeding expectations. We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Customer Service and Support