At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Technology Risk Consulting services team is growing, and we are looking for Managers to join our team in Toronto. The Technology Risk Consulting practice provides a variety of services to our clients. The successful candidate will focus primarily on leading IT Assurance based services to clients in the Financial Services, Technology and Telecom, and in the Energy and Mining space. They will be involved with managing engagements and training and guiding our junior staff, including new campus hires.
Learn more about KPMG Technology Risk Consulting here What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Conduct IT audit procedures (e.g., IT risk assessment, General IT Controls, IT Application Controls, large System Implementations and Data Conversions) in support of financial statement audits and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Conduct IT internal audit and third-party attestation engagements such as CSAE 3416 / SSAE 18 / SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports.
- Planning, managing and completing IT Audit project tasks including liaising with client and KPMG teams; collecting, testing and analyzing information; documenting and evaluating IT processes, controls, policies, strategies; and performing detailed quality assurance review and feedback on the work of others.
- Communicating (written and verbal) findings and recommendations to the client including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports and analyses; preparation of advisory and assurance reports and related deliverables.
- Lead field engagement teams as well as coaching junior staff members.
- Leading and contributing to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, training, HR initiatives, and practice management activities.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business or Computer Science degree required, ideally with a major in accounting.
- Completion of one or a combination of the following designations: CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP.
- Minimum of 5 years of combined relevant experience in IT Audit (internal and/or external audit) within a large consulting practice.
- Strong understanding and experience with IT Integrated Audits and controls-based audits (e.g., CSAE 3416 or SSAE 18) is required.
- Experience with the identification and or evaluation of process level controls in large system transformation projects involving SAP and or Oracle.
- Experience in the testing of controls in different IT environments, like SAP, Oracle, Unix, Linux, AS400, Mainframe etc.
- Experience within an external audit practice auditing client in the Financial Services, Technology and Telecom, and Mining industry.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills being able to express insights, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of business risks and audit risks.
- Have a high degree of personal confidence, enthusiasm and drive.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.