You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Leveraging our collective skills, experiences and industry knowledge, KPMG helps clients identify and respond to the risks associated with the use of technology: internal information systems and applications, business processes and controls, large projects, data, third-party reliance and impacts of new emerging technologies to name a few. If you have a proven ability to lead and provide value in this field, we're looking to grow with you as a Manager in our Technology Risk Consulting practice. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- As a Manager within our Technology Risk Consulting practice, you will lead a diverse and multidisciplinary team of technology and business consultants within a fast-paced environment. Within our team, no two days are the same and you thrive in this type of environment! Aligned with your diverse skills and experience, you'll provide strategic advice and guidance to clients on matters related to technology to senior stakeholders, including:
- Managing and mitigating risks and challenges presented by new and emerging technologies across a range of different organizations.
- IT in the external audit - the delivery of technology expertise in support of external audit engagements.
- System transformation - understanding the risks of new system and then managing the risks of implementation from design to implementation or conversion.
- Service organizational controls reporting - advising clients on SOC readiness and delivering the annual attestation (i.e. SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3)
- IT Internal Audit - advising through projects to address risk and bring value through topics such as IT risk assessments, IT governance, third party risk management, privacy, business resilience and continuity, project risk, cyber security, cloud adoption and security, block chain.
- IT internal controls advisory - supporting the IT testing to assess internal control over financial programs, as part of IPO readiness reviews, SOX engagements (NI 52-109, SOX 404), etc.
- Data and analytics - unlocking the value of data to bring new insights and potential to decision making
- To deliver projects, you will:
- Collaborate across multiple stakeholder groups, both internally within our firm and externally with clients, to drive successful delivery of projects on time and on-budget while focused on delivering value.
- Plan and lead delivery of our services at clients leveraging our proven methodologies and tools.
- Participate or lead in in all aspects of service delivery including conducting research, performing technical testing, conducting interviews, writing reports, communicating regularly with clients and resources, performing quality reviews of work for other team members, etc.
- You will play a key role in people management and talent development by:
- Leading engagement teams comprising a diverse range of technical and functional skills and provide coaching to successfully deliver for our clients and achieve desired outcomes.
- Serving as mentor and performance manager for junior staff focused on harnessing and growing their potential as future leaders.
- Remaining committed to growing your own skills, knowledge and capabilities.
- As a member of our management team you will play an active role in:
- Driving business profitability on managed engagements.
- Driving new business growth through business development activities and relationships, identifying, promoting our services in the business community through presentations, pursuing opportunities and proposal development.
- Championing our internal risk management processes by ensuring quality through your reviews and project oversight.
Keys to your success:
- You have relevant post-secondary education. This should be a bachelor's or master's degree or diploma in finance, computer science, business or any other discipline where you can demonstrate transferable skills.
- You have 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risks ideally within a large organization or consulting/advisory practice.
- Completion of relevant professional certifications are considered highly advantageous (e.g., CPA/CA/CMA/CGA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, CRMA, CIA).
- Strong understanding of existing and emerging technology risks (cloud computing, agile development, data analytics, etc), controls, approaches to respond or mitigate these risks and audit principles with the ability to tailor the approach and application based on project and stakeholder needs.
- Understanding of relevant standards and frameworks such as COBIT, COSO, NIST etc.
- Past involvement in business development.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in leadership, supervising teams and/or managing projects.
- Canada security clearance (Level 1 or 2), or the ability to apply and secure it (as it is a requirement for many of our clients).
- Ability to work within Canada.
- You have outstanding collaboration and communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to interact at all levels - within the team, amongst our firm and with our clients.
- You have a demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan and execute multiple concurrent projects, engagements, and activities to their successful completion.
- You bring a proven track record of business development activities and an established network of relevant contacts.
- You can work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- You have an attention to detail and quality and strong organization and analytical skills.
- You bring a high degree of personal confidence, enthusiasm and drive.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.