Manager, Supply Chain- Procurement Transformation (Toronto)
Reference ID: TOR003CA
To effectively compete in the global market and maximize profitability, businesses need efficient supply chains that meet the complex needs of their operations. We are seeking a Manager - Supply Chain and Operations. As a supply chain professional you'll work with business leaders to provide insights into supply chain transformation, sourcing, procurement, inbound logistics, engineering, manufacturing, final assembly, and product service and delivery. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, we'll help you achieve your potential. If you are looking for a cutting-edge environment, providing strategic advice in the areas of procurement, manufacturing, logistics, planning, and the overall value chain, this just might be the role you've been searching for.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager at EY, you'll contribute to the Supply Chain & Operations team by managing engagements, supporting practice development and mentoring junior staff.
• Lead the design and implementation of strategic procurement processes for large private and public sector clients
• Deliver an exceptional client service experience while advising on complex process issues
• Display leadership and business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative and innovative solutions
• Be the direct point of contact for client and team, own and grow appropriate client relationships
• Manage project financials including development of budget and resource plans on projects and day-today client interactions
Practice and People Development:
• Support the development of leading practice Procurement capabilities at EY
• Create a positive team environment and provide coaching and support for junior staff
• Support senior management with practice development activities such as recruiting
• Support the build-out of the Procurement Transformation practice across EY Canada.
• Collaborate across EY service lines to support business development opportunities
• Develop new solutions and improved ways of working to further EY's innovation agenda
Skills and attributes for success
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment (and know when to lead and when to follow)
• Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skills including oral, written, and presentation
• A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
• An ability to think outside of the box, and thrive on new challenges
To qualify for the role you must have
• Post Graduate degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent preferred
• 5+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience with blue chip organizations
• Demonstrated ability to guide large project teams and stakeholder groups through complex procurement process design and operating model implications
• Subject matter expertise in one, or more, of Category Management/Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management or Procure 2 Pay processes
Ideally, you'll also have
• Familiarity with the enablement of procurement processes through cloud-based technologies
What we look for
We're looking for people that are passionate supply chain consultants, at the top of their game, but who would like to continue to grow their subject matter expertise and help others around them achieve their potential. If you have a passion for assisting businesses achieve their full potential and working with some of the highest performing teams, this role might very well be for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: January 20, 2019
Closes: March 21, 2019