You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
You're a leader with a track record for enabling cloud adoption within regulated industries.
You're a builder at heart and have designed, architected, implemented, and have a track record for deploying elegant solutions to complex problems. In your career you've supported enterprises in their cloud adoption journey. You've overseen the buildout of Cloud Virtual Datacenters on major platforms like Azure, Google Cloud Platform and AWS, where security architecture and meeting regulatory requirements have been pivotal components. You have a broad and deep understanding of Canadian enterprise landscape and ideally have industry experience. You have a clear and empathetic understanding of where Canadian enterprises are in their cloud journeys, what makes them tick and how to effectively drive change.
You're ahead of the curve and understand where the industry is going. When working with clients you strive to bring everyone with you and elevate the teams you work with. What you will do
- Lead cloud strategy / roadmap initiatives while aligning the strategy to the business objectives for our clients
- Help to establish Cloud enablement organizational structures, cloud development methodology and selection of cloud technology components
- Lead overarching cloud design to transform their technology capabilities solving clients most critical challenges
- Lead a team of cloud developers in delivering large and complex cloud solutions
- Manage project, client and vendor relationships, team, finances
- Communicate risks, issues, challenges and status/progress of the project
- Define client business intents, future state architecture, and business case
- Develop reference architectures and best practice approaches to optimize clients' cloud adoption, application performance, security, and cost models
- Lead or assist in responding to RFPs / proposals
- Participate in thought leadership, vendor relationships
This role can be filled in various locations across Canada, though you will be asked to work on projects outside your local office. We are a dynamic and innovative team and equally passionate about what we do and the quality of services we provide to our clients. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise cloud adoption and architecture on Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Demonstrable experience with foundational public cloud services and concepts including connectivity, networking, layered security, logging, monitoring, resiliency, etc.
- Designed, elaborated and implemented secure cloud architectures from business requirements that are able to adapt to evolving needs.
- Data Centre to cloud workload migration analysis, strategy, planning and design
- Secure cloud adoption and service enablement strategy, roadmap and architecture development encompassing relevant service and deployment models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, public, private and hybrid
- Implementing cloud candidate evaluation and prioritization frameworks
- Cloud governance fit/gap, design and implementation
- Good understanding of enterprise wide cloud billing & chargeback processes / cost recovery models including brokerage scenarios, as well as relevant automation architecture
- Direct experience working with risk, privacy and security stakeholders to establish approval baseline for cloud services and migrations
- Launching a portfolio of cloud services within an enterprise as a managed service
- Cloud automation pipeline design (e.g. DevOps, Service Injection)
- Cloud platform intake and Onboarding operating model design and implementation
- Cloud architecture; networking, security and service assurance, governance automation, monitoring, application runtime platforms, data and storage services
- Background in software engineering, technology pre-sales, legacy modernization and technology infrastructure
- French language skills are also a plus.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Superior verbal and written interpersonal communication skill.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities.
- Professional discipline and importance of outstanding work.
- Commitment to self-learning and continuous skill and professional knowledge development.
- Professional curiosity.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.