Temporary Contract Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Have many careers in one Firm.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.Are you a big picture thinker who is seeking a challenging new opportunity? Apply now!What will your typical day look like?
The Manager, Risk Management helps to operate the firm's enterprise risk framework and provide hands-on development of relevant strategic risk models, including providing risk insights and analytical support to key stakeholders. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
About the team
- Assisting key business stakeholders in identifying and responding effectively to priority enterprise risks using quantitative and qualitative risk analysis.
- Assisting the Senior Manager and Partner in the development of reports or presentations in preparation for risk updates to the Executive and Board-level risk committees.
- Driving development of key risk indicators (KRIs) and establishing risk tolerance across priority risks.
- Developing and grow relationships across the group and firm to help build risk culture.
- Day-to-day operation of the firm's external risk sensing program to continuously scan for emerging risks and trends that could impact the firm's risk profile.
- Support efforts to complete other global assessments and requests. This includes gathering evidence and evaluating information.
Our small and diverse team is focused on bringing risk insights to our stakeholders. We have a supportive and team-oriented culture where we work together to lead the firm in getting ahead of strategic challenges and risks. Critical analysis, brainstorming, and creative communication approaches are part of what we do.
The Manager, Risk Management will report to a Senior Manager, and work closely with a Partner and a Manager. This role will also supervise a Risk Sensing Analyst. There is close collaboration required with other stakeholders across RQRR, our service quality and risk teams, global counterparts, and control owners. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who is/has:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience with enterprise risk management, risk governance, internal controls, systems and/or business process analysis.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and/or other relevant professional designations are preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to understand broader business risks/issues
- Demonstrated effective project management skills. Must be able to proactively drive and manage multiple tasks and timelines independently and as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including senior leaders, with the ability to impact and influence others.
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and ability to develop, share and adopt innovative approaches and solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio)
- Understanding of professional services firm structure, as well as external client service experience, is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production