250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting Description
As a member of the Market Data Management team, the manager is responsible for overseeing the validation of the data used for risk metric generation across Market Risk and Counterparty Credit Risk. The manager is expected to work on new initiatives to support various data requests from Market Risk management, Front Office, Model Validation etc. The manager is also expected to take on additional management projects, audit requirements and ad hoc requests. Key Accountabilities Daily Data Validation Check and Issue Resolution
Change Management, Communication, Governance and Control
- The successful candidate will engage several groups in the organization to facilitate different initiative such as incorporating new products and special projects in the Market Risk framework
- Design and develop tools for automation.
- Ensure the appropriate data "cleaning" and data "scrubbing" rules (either in-house or third-party vendors) have been appropriately defined and implemented.
- Ensure that data is provisioned to comply with specified requirements of risk and valuation models.
- Perform gap analysis, review, and generate solutions/methodologies for gap-filling/data imputation.
- Perform analysis of differences between internal and external data sources
- Controls on use of third party data are implemented to ensure usage of market data is consistent with third-party vendor contracts.
Qualifications a) Knowledge:
- Liaise timely with the stakeholders across Market Risk and the Enterprise in efforts to ensure data lineage is properly accounted for and implemented in the MRNG system
- Leveraging existing issue tracking technology to comprehensively track issues raised by RDM
- Assist and collaborate in new and revised initiatives, reports and projects
- Manage the stakeholder requests, audit requirements and issues proficiently, professionally and expeditiously
- Proactively assist and support the functions and tasks of the team
- 3+ years as a Data Analyst involved in procuring data, conduct reviews of data, clean datasets, validate data, identify errors and find solutions, etc.
- Quantitative experience, open to various industries (eg. Engineering, Stats, Bio medical)
- In-depth knowledge of SQL, Python and Excel formulas
- Prior SDLC experience with JIRA is preferred
We're here to help
- Undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Business or related discipline
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, ability to cope with a high degree of ambiguity and change
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and manage tasks and deadlines
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.