Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do
As Manager, Retail Standards, you will bring alive our promise of work, learn, grow for our customers by leading the development and enhancement of operational effectiveness and efficiencies that enable stores to focus on and optimize business growth. You will work hand in hand with multiple partners in store and in the corporate office to ensure awareness and communication to the appropriate partners to roll out and execute new and enhanced standards. With an unwavering focus on improving existing and future state operations across our 300 stores you will manage multiple high visibility priorities in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous and evolving situations. As we evolve and transform into the Working and Learning Company, you will be inspired to be your best every day and make your mark.
Specifically, you will:
• Lead the process of building, organizing, and enabling Staples retail operations standards across 300 stores located across Canada, with the goal of empowering store teams, optimizing efficiencies, controlling costs, and maximizing profitability.
• Research, design, test and refine retail standards strategies that complement Staples Canada's financial and strategic initiatives and support its overall vision; partner with various teams and departments across the organization to ensure these are rolled out effectively.
• Partner with the Director to set the strategy for standard development and implementation. Identify and implement metrics to monitor success.
• Identify, develop and partner with the regional operations teams and store teams on the implementation of standards to capture opportunities for in-store efficiencies, sales growth or margin gain, in consideration of customer engagement.
• Conduct in-store visits, evaluate opportunities and assess alignment and integration of all retail standards and superior quality of service.
• Maintain current knowledge and awareness of standards in retail and other industries that will positively impact Staples, make recommendations for standards implementation in all areas of the business.
• Create and update policies and process documents to clearly articulate standards requirements to store teams.
Some of what you need
• 5 years of management with an emphasis on retail operations, process and efficiencies
• Management experience in the Canadian retail industry is preferred
• Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree in business management or a related field is preferred
• Process/Standard Improvement certification is an asset
• Proven track record of delivering process and efficiencies, and results in a high growth, continuous change and results-oriented environment
• Strong awareness of customer focus and engagement, ability to incorporate this in decision making related to operational standards
• Analytical orientation and story telling through data & insights
Some of what you will get
• Health and Dental benefits
• Learning & Development programs
• Travel to retail locations across Canada is required, approximately 20% of time
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.