Permanent Reference code
:101042 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Kitchener, ON; London; Ottawa, ON; Vaughan, ON; Windsor, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
What will your typical day look like?
- Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and financial performance data
- Learn all aspects of formal and informal corporate restructuring
- Work with clients to solve their most complex financial issues
As a Manager you will:
• Work in a collaborative and diverse team analyzing client issues and interviewing key client and/or debtor personnel
• • Assist in all aspects of formal and informal restructurings, which may involve financial analysis and planning, (e.g. cash flow preparation, cost benefit option analysis, financial reporting for court reports and stakeholders), report writing and presenting, taking possession of assets, operating insolvent entities, supporting negotiations with counterparties (e.g. claimants, customers, investors and/or buyers) and dealing with stakeholders through periods of crisis.
• Become familiar with the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and other relevant legislation (i.e. Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act)., Income Tax Act, etc.). Pursuit of the Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional ("CIRP") and Licensed Insolvency Trustee ("LIT") accreditations is required of our team members (visit www.CAIRP.ca) for more details on this education and qualification process.
• Participate in the development of proposals and presentations to clients. This may include sector and/or specific target research to identify prospects for the RS team to pursue.
• Liaise with client executives, lawyers and financial professionals as required. Build a network of relevant lenders, investors and lawyers.
• Identify issues, define symptoms and recommend solutions
• Prioritize your objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting
• Analyze financial data, review accounting records and develop financial models
• Oversee and direct staff - both Deloitte RS team members and debtor staff.
• Develop additional skills while supporting Deloitte's Financial Advisory practice where demand requires such support. About the team
Restructuring Services (RS) Canada is a national Deloitte practice that is part of the Global RS practice that provides advisory services to owners, lenders, investors management and regulators of challenged and under-performing businesses. Assignments can range from the operational/financial restructuring and/or turnaround of businesses to formal insolvency proceedings (e.g. BIA, CCAA). Our professionals work collaboratively with debtor clients in financial crisis, enabling them to survive and regain profitability. We systematically address the key strategic, operational and financial trouble spots of a business to rapidly diagnose any problem. Our professionals then identify immediate stabilizing activities, provide operational and performance improvement advice, and address debt-structuring and refinancing, or recovery needs. Alternatively, we assist our creditor and investor clients in recovering their loans and investments in distressed debtor companies. Enough about us, let's talk about you
• Must have a CPA or MBA or other accounting designation. Successful candidates will be required to enrol in the CIRP Qualification Program if they are not already in this program.
• 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
• Strong commitment to professional client service excellence.
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work on more than one mandate or project aspect at a time. Also has the stamina to work on long term engagements (i.e. >1 year+).
• Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions. Comfortable in new situations that require bespoke solutions.
• Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving. Willingness to bring innovative solutions to restructuring problems.
• Willingness to work on non-traditional core-restructuring engagements.
• Developed or developing a network of clients and referral partners.
• Canadian travel required, occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments.
...then we want to hear from you! Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Developer, MBA, Manager, Equity, CPA, Technology, Management, Finance
Management and Executive