Requisition ID: 141386
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank! Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.. Purpose
The Manager leads a team within Global Wholesale Operations responsible for driving an effective and efficient OTC Regulatory Reporting Control & Monitoring team. This team ensures Scotiabank is meeting its regulatory commitments with respect to complete, accurate and timely trade reporting; maintains and improves trade reporting controls and error corrections; and actively helps to drive business initiatives. Accountabilities
- Lead a team ensuring effective execution and recordkeeping of an extensive suite of daily and periodic controls, as well as the resulting breach management, escalation, and documentation responsibilities.
- Understand and maintain up-to-date knowledge of OTC derivative reporting requirements across all jurisdictions. G20 OTC Regimes covered include Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Leads day-to-day project and program activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Partnering with internal (e.g. Technology, Internal Controls, and Compliance) and external (e.g. Trade Repositories) stakeholders on compliance remediation matters and ensuring effective control processes are implemented and followed.
- Help to drive change management projects/initiatives to ensure that regulatory reporting controls are operating effectively, and appropriate metrics are incorporated into the KPI/KRI risk management platform.
- Support management commitments associated with Regulator, Internal Testing and Audit observations. This includes supporting responses to queries, analyzing observations, designing solutions, delivering commitments, and providing evidence of closure.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Previous experience in business, operational risk, compliance, or front office function
- Strong derivative trade lifecycle knowledge and associated business/industry experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements/ reporting logic for various regimes (Trade Reporting including OSC, CFTC, SEC, MAS, HKMA, ASIC, ESMA)
- Knowledge of trade repository (DTCC, UnaVista) and reporting logic engines (e.g. DROIT)
- Strong knowledge of technology reporting infrastructure and front office source systems
- Demonstrated ability to identify and successfully implement process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated success working in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills. The ability to successfully manage, improve and ensure constant effective working relationships with internal stakeholders to support their initiatives and mitigate regulatory and operational risk
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to clearly and concisely present to senior stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to gain confidence and respect of team members and executives
- Work in a standard office-based environment or BCP location; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
- Global coverage will require periodic conference calls during Asian and European business hours.
- Limited travel globally.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Compliance, M&A, Change Management, Manager, Law, Legal, Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance