100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
The Quantitative Analysis and Strategy (QAS) team works closely with Corporate Treasury internal Structured Market Risk, Liquidity & Funding, and Portfolio Management partners and Lines of Business partners across the bank in identifying and quantifying risks and opportunities through analytical support and statistical model development. The analysis and modeling work cover areas of consumer & commercial deposits, mortgage, home equity, C&I and CRE loans, various securities including MBS, ABS, Muni bonds, etc.
The Manager of QAS team in Corporate Treasury will be responsible for providing data and analytical support to finance and business partners by sourcing and building curated data, developing statistical and machine learning models, designing, implementing, and maintaining dashboards, conducting ad-hoc and deep-dive analyses and presenting strategic recommendations etc. This involves analyzing large account-level and transaction-level data, articulating the problem statement, and specifying the most appropriate model and analytical solution. Job Description
- Interface with finance and business stakeholders gathering requirements, writing technical requirement documents and delivering complete modeling and analytical solutions.
- Understand large, complex historical data and conduct thorough data analysis to analyze customer behaviors;
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ability to use a major programming and/or scripting language (preferably Python) to process data for modeling;
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, analysis, validation, and documentation;
- Provide ad-hoc support to finance and business stakeholders to identify portfolio and customer trend in a timely fashion.
- Design and Implement Power BI dashboards to monitor portfolio daily balance and interest rate trend at granular levels.
- Develop statistical and machine learning models to predict customer behaviors;
- Develop time series model to predict material PPNR (pre-provision Net Revenue) items such as volume, pricing and spread etc;
- Construct cashflow models to assess P&L impact of sales, pricing, and other strategic activities
- Put together PowerPoint presentations to present the analyses to business and Corporate Treasury management to explain complex statistical techniques in simple business language;
We're here to help
- Master's degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Mathematical Finance) and/or combination of quantitative and business degrees required, Ph.D. preferred;
- 3+ years experience processing large scale datasets, analyzing data to solve business problems and presenting impactful insights to business teams, using SQL, Hadoop, or other technology interfaces;
- 3+ years in relevant experience in data or analytical field;
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting/visualization tools, preferably PowerBI;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from business, machine learning, and economics backgrounds;
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders;
- Modeling experience with traditional statistical method, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques is preferred
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.