At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The mandate of Global L&D is to develop and execute a global learning strategy in partnership with both global and member firm leadership that builds the capabilities needed to achieve KPMG's business strategies and priority annual business goals. Our Global Strategic Plans require a consistent, KPMG-wide approach to building the skills and competences needed to transform our business and achieve our goals of Growth and Trust. Global L&D will work closely with the business to identify, design/curate/develop, coordinate and deliver high quality, efficient and effective learning and performance support solutions directly aligned to KPMG's needs and requirements.
Global L&D is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of the L&D strategies for:
- Global Audit, Global Tax and Global Advisory
- Global strategic cross functional opportunities
We will do this by working with the business as performance consultants bringing together member firms to identify and design programs critical to support our global strategy in the most effective and cost efficient manner. The audience for the performance and learning solutions provided by Global L&D is very diverse and encompasses all employees of KPMG globally - partners, professionals and support staff.
Solutions include performance and knowledge management support, formal training (both digital and in-classroom), learning on the job opportunities and learning through collaboration with others. Program execution and design will take place where it is most logical to occur and can include uplifting member firm solutions and co-creation with direct member firm involvement. As part of our mission, Global L&D will work with the business and member firm L&D teams to continue to build and strengthen a continuous learning culture including channels for both formal and informal learning.
This also includes identifying and implementing new and innovative approaches to learning, such as a leveraging new and exciting digital learning solutions and appropriate learning and collaboration technology platforms with support from Global People Technology and Information Technology Services.
The Global L&D organization has adopted an agile development approach. In this model it retains a team of professionals who are assembled based on the project needs. Skills needed by the team will include project management, instructional design skills and course development /programming. As projects are identified, individuals on the team will be assembled based on the nature and degree of skills they possess to meet the project demands.
When acting in a project lead capacity, this person is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end design and development and/or curation of a portfolio of learning and performance solutions in the annual prioritized list of solutions committed with the business (within a function and cross-functionally).
When acting in a capacity of an ID, this person is responsible for designing and developing content of all modalities based on adult learning principles.
Some projects may combine both the project lead and ID roles for an individual. What you will doBusiness execution and continuous improvement
Team and professional leadership
- Supports the Performance Solutions Lead, in scoping proposed learning and/or performance solutions and preparing the High Level Design Document and associated resource requirements for large or complex projects AND/OR Leads the scoping of proposed learning /performance solutions for small to medium complex projects and prepares the High Level Design Document and associated budget requirements for approval by the Performance Solutions Lead, the Strategic Business Partner, and the respective business leaders.
- Researches internal/external content to meet the business needs.
- Identifies opportunities to re-purpose solutions cross-functionally and/or incorporate leadership/business content.
- Identifies potential SMEs.
- Leads the detailed design and development activities for assigned portfolio of projects.
- Supports the Performance Solutions Lead in identifying and engaging needed resources.
- Provides background and contextual information for the assigned project team.
- Ensures the timely and appropriate engagement of SMEs throughout the end-to-end design and development cycle.
- Leads the project team in identifying the most appropriate modality for the learning and performance solutions.
- Oversees the instructional design activities and development of course content.
- Leads the development of instructor briefings-trainings and liaises with external vendors as required.
- Partners with the Measurement & Analytics COE to identify and implement the most appropriate evaluation tools.
- Partners with the Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and meet the business needs.
- May assume the Project Manager role for smaller projects.
- Ensures critical success factors and project risks are identified and managed.
- Identifies and implements QA processes for project.
- Ensures alignment with key Global L&D initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with Global L&D design and development architecture and standards as well as the measurement requirements and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the Global solutions developed to identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiency/effectiveness.
- Provides input and feedback on individuals providing support to Performance Solutions, in terms of job accountabilities, annual goals and performance Leverage Global L&D networking channels to share ideas, best practices and content, as appropriate.
Maintains ongoing, productive relationships with:
What you bring to the role
- Senior business Stakeholders
- Senior level of SMEs
- Global L&D
- Offshore/onshore vendors
Keys to your success:
- Adult learning design and development
- Performance solutions design and development
- Evaluation of learning solutions
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Performance consulting
- Innovative E-learning design
- Micro-learning design principles
- Design Thinking
- Evaluation of learning solutions
- Delivers exceptional client experiences
- Seeks insights and perspectives
- Works collaboratively
- Takes ownership of development
- Organizes and structures work
- Delivers relevant solutions
- Shares knowledge
- Maintains drive and resilience
- Plans for contingencies
- Understands the broader context
- Displays confidence and passion
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.