Temporary Contract Reference code
:125683 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Join one of the dynamic teams at Deloitte! What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
As a Manager in the Privacy and Confidentiality Office, your main task is to complete Privacy and Confidentially Impact Assessments (PIA) on new technology projects. This usually involves the following activities:
About the team
- Implement Privacy by Design (PbD) principles into technology asset development
- Participate in solution design workshops
- Advise on privacy and confidentiality controls
- Identify privacy and confidentiality risks
- Develop risk mitigation strategies
- Complete Privacy and Confidentiality Impact Assessment documentation
- Lead and support privacy and confidentiality reporting to various stakeholders and leadership levels
- Remain up to date with current local and privacy, confidentiality, and data security trends
- Other tasks / projects, as required
The PCO's mission is to enable Deloitte's strategic success through the responsible use of data. By strengthening Deloitte's culture of privacy and confidentiality, we look to protect, preserve, and enhance the Deloitte brand with everything we do. We are looking for exceptional new team members to help us achieve these goals. We develop, deliver, and monitor initiatives to enhance mitigation for our most strategic risks, acting as an advisor to the business as all Deloitte professionals work to protect, preserve, and enhance Deloitte's reputation as an industry leader for privacy and confidentiality. We have team members across Canada and Chile.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
- Completed undergraduate University degree
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the field of privacy and confidentiality
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience completing privacy impact assessments on complex technology solutions.
- Strong understanding of Canadian privacy regulations and best practices (IAPP or other similar designations are preferred)
- Demonstrated success in unstructured environments, including strong organization and time management skills, and self-motivated
- Excellent project management skills
- Preference given to candidates fluent in French or Spanish
- Experience in related areas, such as professional services delivery, data protection, data science, risk and controls, communications and change management, or technology processes and law is an asset
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $156,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Developer, Project Manager, Contract Manager, Equity, Change Management, Technology, Legal, Finance, Management
Management and Executive