Requisition ID: 100130
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank is building for every future with confidence, by investing heavily in our people, our processes, and our technology to ensure we meet our customers' needs and make a difference in the communities within which they live and work.
Here within Global Business Payments, we aspire to be an innovative and leading business bank by driving focused customer growth, transforming the end-to-end business banking experience, enhancing the digital experience, and creating exceptional customer and employee experiences. We are delivering first-to-market solutions for our customers across the globe; our reach spanning across North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
We are performance-driven, entrepreneurial, use Agile Methodology for product development and data for key customer insights, and always act with a winning mindset - all in an effort to build deeper customer relationships.
If you thrive on working in a diverse team focused on delivering results for our customers then, Global Business Payments is the team for you. The Opportunity
Strategic Pricing and Financial Management supports GBP with regards to all aspects of strategic pricing of fees & interest rates, forecasting & Planning, expense management and related analytics.
The Manager, Strategic Pricing key responsibilities include decisioning of special pricing renewals and proposals, processes, systems improvements, pricing analytics for corporate and commercial clients and improving client experienceIs this role right for you?
Your key accountabilities will include:
• Renewal of Expired Pricing Arrangements: Use data analytic tools to identify revenue optimization opportunities with existing clients with non-standard arrangements and work with Sales to ensure agreements are renewed in a timely manner.
• Pricing Decisions: Review and provide pricing recommendations of non-standard (discount) pricing proposals to ensure client and portfolio profitability. Escalate complex pricing requests as needed to ensure optimal pricing decisions.
• Pricing Implementation & Billing: Liaise with BSC and Sales to ensure that approved pricing is implemented correctly and on a timely basis. In case of discrepancy between approved and implemented, calculate any billing variance and communicate to all affected parties and senior management.
• Sales Support: Provide support to sales staff with regards to product pricing and conduct APA system and pricing training sessions as needed.
• Work with IT&S on the development and enhancements of different pricing & billing systems to minimize revenue leakage and enhance functionalities.
• Data Analytics: Conduct in-depth analysis on portfolio composition, pricing structures, vintages of expired agreements, discount levels, client volumes, renewals, depth of relationship, etc. Use data analytics to provide pricing recommendations and/or policy changes.Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
• You are an enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, working both independently and within a team environment
• You have high degree of strategic thinking and comfort in doing financial analysis and business casing opportunities
• You have analytical thinking and an ability to deliver actionable recommendations from analysis in a timely manner
• You have proven ability to assess the competitive landscape for products and make recommendations to close any competitive gaps
• You have strong communication and presentation skills
• You are a strong collaborator who engages colleagues and business partners on developing and executing strategic recommendations
• You have the flexibility to adapt and manage within a dynamic business environment
• You have 4+ years' experience in financial analysis, product pricing, or performance measurement
• You have in-depth knowledge of Cash Management & payment products (EFT, lockbox, IAT, Cheque processing & reconciliation) and trade products (ex. Export/Import Letters of Credit, Stand by letters of Guarantee, etc.) is required
• You have knowledge of corporate/commercial banking sales process and pricing negotiations
• You are able to apply analytics to business/product strategy and deliver actionable insights
• You have analytic skills, statistical modeling. Experience with Python, Access, SQL, and VBA is requiredEducation Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree in statistics, economics, finance, mathematics, commerce, or applied science is required
• Master's degree and/or relevant professional designation is preferredWhat's in it for you?
• You will work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial fast-paced environment that is always changing focused on delivering innovative payments, digital, and cash management services and solutions to Business Banking customers.
• You can leverage our massive global network and partner with multiple stakeholders across the world
• We have a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success
• You will be working in a continually evolving discipline where regulations, guidelines, industry best practices, and regulatory expectations are constantly changing and expanding; necessitating an ability to stay informed of emerging issues and remain flexible and adaptable.
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
• Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
• Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
• A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one, employee banking benefits and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Pricing, Bank, Banking, Developer, Healthcare, Operations, Finance, Technology