You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Cyber security professional to join our growing Cyber Security Services team in Ottawa as a Manager. The ideal person will:
- Have a great understanding of the types of Cyber Security challenges our clients face
- Have a presence in the local market and a good network of contacts and relationships within the Security field
- Be able to work independently and collaborate with others when necessary
- Have a desire to help build our team and capability in Ottawa further
- Be keen to mentor and develop others
KPMG's leading cyber security practice provides a comprehensive suite of cyber security services, from cyber governance, strategy, defense and response, through to complete end-to-end cyber security transformation services. This is an exciting opportunity for talented, energetic people to join a practice that is experiencing significant growth. We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated academic, business and technical excellence, strong all-around capabilities, and fit with our culture. Individuals who can work in a dynamic, fluid and entrepreneurial environment will excel, and will find a wide range of opportunities within our growing practice. It is an excellent opportunity for those that are looking to work in a firm and department with great career progression opportunities and wanting to be part of building a premier cyber consulting team What you will do
Successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the development and execution of cyber security and resilience engagements.
- Simultaneously manage work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Providing technical expertise and translating technical matters into business language.
- Help lead our clients through small to large scale cyber security transformations.
- Seek to champion one or more technical service offerings within our cyber practice.
- Communicating (written and verbal) findings, recommendations, and other deliverables to the client including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports, presentations, analyses, and other deliverables.
- Relationship and business development: taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services; developing and maturing relationships internally and staff and with clients and target clients; identifying and assisting in pursuit of opportunities; assisting in development of marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research.
- Leading and contributing to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, training, and other activities.
- Providing guidance and oversight to more junior personnel.
*At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
A successful candidate will possess a strong mixture of education, experience, skills and behaviours such as the following:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Relevant designations/certifications are an asset (e.g. CISSP, CISM and other security-related certifications; BCP/DRP related certifications, etc.)
- A minimum of 5+ years of combined relevant experience (e.g. security management, operations, implementation, and/or consulting; incident response; Cloud Security; business continuity; IT operations) is required; more experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in any of the following industries is an asset: financial services, technology, cloud-based businesses (e.g. IaaS, SaaS), utilities, FedGov, public sector
- Willingness and ability to travel across Ontario and more widely within Canada when required.
- Organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to clearly communicate issues and solutions to all levels, on both a formal and informal basis.
- Have or ability to obtain a Government security clearance.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. #LI-LM1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance