100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting
Supports the management, and execution of an enterprise-wide liquidity and funding management framework to optimize risks and maximize risk-adjusted profitability. Provides expertise for the measurement, analysis, and oversight of the Bank's regulatory and internal funding and liquidity risks arising from business/group business activities. In partnership with the assigned business/portfolio, develops a solid understanding of the business strategies product, market, and regulatory knowledge across associated retail, commercial, and trading products. Provides inputs on liquidity and funding risk mitigation, product development, and optimization. Supports the enhancement of the Bank's liquidity risk measurement and reporting processes for liquidity and funding management.
We're here to help
- Recommends and implements liquidity and funding solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Supports development and execution of Enterprise's liquidity and funding risk management strategy for executive and Board approval in collaboration with Market Risk Management to recommend liquidity and funding-related risk appetite limits.
- Develops processes to identify, measure, and manage liquidity and funding risks in conjunction with Market Risk Management, businesses, and other Finance areas.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group on liquidity and funding matters including recovery and resolution planning.
- Develops and/or maintains the model and assumption framework used to measure liquidity and funding risk and recommends changes (e.g. regularly reviews liquidity objectives, positions and assumptions, including for new business transactions).
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making and understand risk drivers.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on risk assessments, analysis of issues, and implications for the business.
- Acts as liaison between stakeholders including industry specialty groups and regulators to align agendas, ensure a clear understanding of the business context, and advocate the Bank's position on market or regulatory developments.
- Monitors performance of liquidity stress testing processes and addresses any issues (e.g. enterprise-wide stress testing, OSFI macro-stress testing, ad-hoc testing).
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of liquidity and funding risk modeling activities and programs.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Monitors and tracks balance sheet usage, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights into business product pricing and funds transfer pricing processes.
- Supports development and execution of liquidity and funding-related strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 - 4 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance