PURPOSE OF JOB
The IT warehouse manager is responsible for managing IT service delivery and program improvements with a team of analysts and software engineers for our distribution center environment. You will manage our IT support team and ensure operational efficiency for our desktop computing and technical warehouse infrastructure as well as our large-scale Internet e-commerce platform. You are responsible for supporting the warehouse environment in desktop computing technologies and related systems. This individual is ultimately responsible for planning, development, integration, optimization, migrations, deployments, and maintenance of these critical business applications. He or she will drive process maturation that matches the growth of the business and supports the future-state vision. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads IT Service Delivery team for the Distribution center. Delivery Experience
• Responsible for overseeing the scope, planning and delivery of projects driven from or impacting the distribution center.
• Act as internal SME with regard to the functional and technical capabilities of WMS platforms and its connected systems.
• Manages applications team of analyst and software engineers.
• Identify trends in issues and provides root cause analysis to Business and IT leadership.
• Leads issue review meetings with direct team, key business partners and other IT stakeholders to provide status and ensure all issues are logged and tracked.
• Manages vendor support and managed service programs.
• Responsible for overall health of the warehouse applications; coordinates scheduled maintenances between IT, vendors, and business partners.
• Responsible for tracking integration failures; fixing and eliminating problems.
• Identifies data anomalies and works with the business to correct.
• Identifies opportunities to schedule / automate manual processes and improve proactive monitoring.
• Works with vendors and IT partners to performance tune environments.
• Ensures change management policies are being adhered to.
• Maintain priority list of projects and service requests for requested features and functionality.
• Partner with Supply Chain Stakeholders to provide solutions using base functionality vs customizations wherever possible.
•Define and improve overall order fulfillment and post purchase customer experience for staples.ca online orders.•Partner with supply chain operators and call center managers to build/test/deploy best in class technology to deliver best customer experience while operating at lower cost.•Understand and enhance staples supply chain processes to eliminate redundant processes using technology.•Continuously evolve technology roadmaps and business programs to ensure Staples Canada is receiving the best return on supply chain assets.•Establish and monitor target metrics measuring operational efficiency and customer experience •Act as a liaison between business and technical partners to identify complex data problems & solutions•Manage communications with executive & peer level discussions with stakeholders
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
•Office/work from home environment•Travel required, 10% within Canada RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
•Strong analytical, data-driven decision making and problem-solving skills Experience:
•Ability to navigate large organizations and develop strong business partner relationships
•Outstanding influencing, communication and presentation skills
•Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation.
•Self-starter, high-energy, with ability to execute on business objectives
•Experience with product road-mapping tools, open source technologies, public/private cloud technologies and SQL proficiency.
•5 years' experience in a related field (WMS, OMS, TMS etc.) Education:
•5 years' hands-on technical experience
•5 years' experience at an eCommerce company
•Prior direct/indirect people management experience an asset
•Experience with both Agile and Scrum from a Product Owner Perspective
•Demonstrated success in working within cross functional teams and effective project management and analytical/decision-making skills
•BS/BA degree or equivalent (MBA an asset)
•Agile certification an asset
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.