Requisition ID: 104342
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose of the Job
The Manager is responsible for providing IT portfolio governance reporting around "Tech for Tech" initiatives in the IT&S division. Must develop expertise on business case review, key project performance metrics, technology cost drivers, business line allocations.
IT PMO is a Divisional PMO supporting IT&S and mandated to provide Executive reporting and analysis to enable the Resource and Allocation Committee (RAC IT) and IT&S Functions to understand, manage and control project execution and financial risks for "Tech for Tech" initiatives. Key Accountabilities
The Manager has considerable interaction across all IT&S divisions, Project Control Office and IT&S Finance. The Manager works effectively and efficiently and delivers to senior management; often under tight timeframes and always maintaining high standards of accuracy and insight.
IT Project Governance and Reporting
- Monitor "Tech for Tech" initiatives and ensure the effective use of the enterprise standard tools for all IT project functions
- Provide and maintain IT PMO roles and responsibilities as well as processes in alignment with the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office, Finance, and IT functions
- Develop data driven portfolio reporting & dashboards including project health, status, risks, issues, benefits, etc. to support decision-making at RAC IT
Project Financial Management
- Identify and report on portfolio issues , forecast gaps and dependencies
- Identify, track, communicate and escalate overall portfolio risk to IT BCDC
- Support project sponsors in completing the New Initiative Risk Assessment (NIRA)
- Work closely with IT&S Finance to review and provide project/financial oversight on all business cases
- Ensure alignment and awareness to finance policy for projects (i.e. software amortization, etc.)
- Provide regular financial updates on project spend, forecast, trends (i.e. data to make decisions historical and current)
Division Transformation, Training and Change
- Develop division-specific means and mechanisms for enterprise standards and norms
- Provide training, guidance and coaching within IT to improve the project capacity and capability as new standards are developed
- Develop and maintain a centralized online information hub for IT PMO documentation (mandates, processes, and standards)
- Support IT functions through the Enterprise Delivery Framework including the Business Case Approach and relevant policies
IT Portfolio Management
- Define and maintain portfolio prioritization model and recommend de-risking actions through data driven analysis
- Support the development of business cases
- Monitor and identify overall portfolio mix (including cross project/program/LoB dependencies)
- Track project costs and benefits realization across the portfolio
- Work with IT&S Finance to track project spend and forecast relative to overall plan and specific project approvals
- Identify issues associated with project delivery and benefits realization to IT BCDC
Field Support and Resource Management
- Financial management planning based on business case pool funding
- Support IT project functions in implementing demand and capacity management capabilities
- Provides liaison between EPMO, Project Control Office, IT&S finance, IT&S stakeholders to contribute to communicate and support implementation of BNS and Enterprise wide IT&S requirements.
- Provides excellent service to Senior Management in the IT&S, and various stakeholders in Head Office and key representatives in various IT&S division. This includes providing timely and value-added project analysis.
- Works with IT&S departments on, among other things, project cost transparency and internal benchmarking to optimize and improve project execution efficiency.
- Responsible for conducting in-depth evaluation of projects as required/requested.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Excellent analytical skills with a solid understanding of project performance measurement tools/criteria is essential, as is a demonstrated ability to conceptualize problems and clearly apply analytical techniques for evaluating investments in order to make meaningful recommendations to Senior Management.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) is essential. The incumbent also requires strong organizational, managerial, interpersonal and communication abilities to direct varied activities within tight deadlines, alleviate conflicts as they arise and liaise with senior management in the field and Head Office.
- Good people skills are required to foster a positive work environment that values teamwork and provides a productive, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all staff.
- Exemplary customer service, including professional advice and creative solutions, is required.
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines with multiple priorities is essential
- University Degree - MBA or 5-10 years of related work experience considered an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in multi-faceted role within a complex corporate environment in IT
- Minimum of 5-10 years in a financial service industry
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or establishing at least one of the following in a PMO: centre of excellence, communications team, analytics expertise, facilitating strategy sessions.
- Normal work conditions. However, requires a high degree of mobility for both meeting attendance and frequent "informal" checking on progress and "reality"
Priorities often shift with little warning, requiring fast, effective allocation of resources to meet the new priorities and meet deliverable commitments on the existing priorities
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Data Analyst, Project Manager, Bank, Banking, Management, Data, Technology, Finance