Manager – IT M&A Advisory
Reference ID: TOR003G0
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Transaction Advisory Services IT Manager you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you'll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager, you have the opportunity to work within our Operational Transaction Services practice who is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for IT strategy, architecture, infrastructure, cost and value, operating models and the optimization of technology processes and services across diverse industries.
Skills and attributes for success
We support clients with their evolving business strategy with the following services:
• Effectively manage client engagement teams executing IT due diligence and transaction services which support key decision makers in developing and executing their transaction strategy to secure deal value. Specifically be able to perform:
• Operational due diligence, stand-alone costing, one-time cost development, operating model design
• Integration planning and execution (Integration Management Office)
• Carve-out or divestiture planning and execution (Carve-out Management Office)
• Synergy identification, validation and realization
• Development of Transitional Services Agreements
• Development of M&A and integration playbook
• Demonstrate excellent skills in project execution, including project management, problem-solving, and facilitation.
• Assist in identifying key IT risks and issues related to integration planning, timelines, and functional areas.
• Develop effective client relationships at the appropriate client level and be responsible for a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and deliverables.
• Assist in business development activities including preparing presentations and attending pursuit meetings with clients to grow the practice.
• Assist in leading internal practice initiatives to help continually improve the IT M&A practice and be responsible for fostering an open and inclusive work environment.
T o qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in supporting projects involving IT strategy, architecture, infrastructure, cost and value, operating models and the optimization of technology processes and services across diverse industries.
• A demonstrable track record as a trusted IT Advisor to large (Fortune 500 and comparable) organizations' senior IT and business personnel, at senior management levels and upwards.
• Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members.
• Experience in developing deep, collaborative relationships with colleagues in multiple practice areas, in a professional services environment.
• Ability to travel to the U.S for work on short notice.
Ideally, you'll also have
• Exposure in mergers and acquisitions, and divestiture or willingness to learn about these areas
• Experience supporting integrations, carve-outs and other types of transaction engagements
• Functional experience in Human Resource Management and/or Change Management and project management experience
• Relevant degrees and certifications (MBA, CPA, CMA, CFA, PMP)
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Transactional Advisory Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019