Department: Information Technology
Posting Date: March 9, 2022
Salary Range: $89,992 - $119,990
Reporting to Director, Information Technology, the Manager, IT Client Experience is a people-focused and service-oriented IT leader. The incumbent will be responsible for the development of IT solutions/processes/guidance/program that creates an exceptional positive experience for the college community. The Manager will oversee all client-facing functions of IT services, including desktop support, computer labs, audiovisual, and associated analytics and reporting-all to create the best possible technology experience. The successful candidate will also have overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing and maintaining costs, methods and employees in their area. They will regularly interact with internal executives, all levels of college leaders and. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Building close relationships with Georgian's business/operations to ensure positive user experience in the consumption of all IT services
- Providing strategic direction in adopting industry standards and best practices for service management and related governance
- Developing strategic roadmaps to adopt good practices, develop processes and design functions that support the college community and its strategic goals
- Developing, guiding and empowering the team to deliver high-level service to all clients
- Designing and developing new communication strategies and channels to reflect the demands of current audience
- Collaborating with Deans, Associate Deans, faculty members, librarians, and administrators to develop long-range (3-5 year) strategic technology and supporting structure plans to ensure the appropriate end-user technology environment is in place.
- Negotiating and managing contracts with vendors for design and support of processes and tools that support Georgian's IT service management strategy
- Designing IT services lifecycle (strategy, design, transition, operation and continual improvement)
- Defining/monitoring the success of services (analysis of metrics, key performance indicators, critical success factors)
- Designing and leading change management initiatives that trigger changes in practices and processes
- Overseeing the planning, management, and governance of Georgian's administrative and academic end-user computing environment, including teaching and learning spaces and specialized technology used to deliver academic curriculum and client devices
- Directly supporting curriculum building and deployment through end-user technology adoption, including software and hardware and related processes
- Staying current with rapidly changing and complex technologies to be able to provide up-to-date technical advice to the college community and senior management
- Aligning resources to deliver on portfolio priorities and projects
- Promoting effective HR planning; Maintaining a high level of team performance and professional capacity through effective hiring, development, mentoring, workflow/goal setting, engagement and ongoing performance management (including coaching, mentoring and progressive discipline)
- Fostering a safe, respectful and supportive work environment in which fair employment practices extend to all members of the community
- Successfully completed a four-year technical, business, or related discipline degree
- A minimum of 9 years' progressive customer service management experience
- Strong understanding of IT service management (ITSM frameworks and tools; ITIL Foundations certification would be an asset)
- Proven experience managing staff and/or leading diverse people through projects
- Possess outstanding communication skills, both oral and written; understand the value of and use persuasive techniques
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.Georgian College has a COVID-19 vaccination procedure in place. As a condition of employment, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to work on any campus, or a facility owned, operated or controlled by Georgian College unless they have a valid medical or religious belief/creed reason for not getting vaccinated, which reason will be considered on a case by case basis and which will be subject to the College's accommodation processes. This position is open until filled.
While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Information Technology Management and Executive