Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Have many careers in one Firm. Would you like to further develop your career with our exponentially expanding Financial Advisory Service, Modelling and Value Advisory group? Are you up for the challenge to help the most sophisticated Canadian and international clients to solve their quantitative and modelling issues?What will your typical day look like?
As a Life Actuarial Manager focusing on the Insurance practice in our Financial Engineering & Modelling team, you will:
• Lead the model validations of insurance actuarial models (pricing, valuation, ALM, IFRS 17 and Segfund) in compliance with the Model Risk Policy, standards and guidelines
• Identify potential risks embedded in the model design and usage, and provide constructive challenges and recommendations to mitigate model risk
• Communicate the model validation results to senior leadership and model owners, prepare and review a Model Validation plan/report that details the validation scope, testing approach, test results, findings and conclusions
• Lead and mentor a team of actuarial analysts and associates
While this role focuses on insurance model validation, it is a very dynamic opportunity to work closely with other areas and broaden your horizon. About the team
The Financial Engineering & Modelling, Financial Advisory team is composed of a wide range of subject matter experts from Quantitative Finance backgrounds working with all manner of modeling types. We have the leading quantitative practice in the Canadian market and cover models including market risk, credit risk, fraud, AML, insurance, treasury and machine learning. Our team members have advanced degrees in mathematics, financial engineering, statistics, physics and actuarial science.
Working with this team will offer you the opportunity to:
• Work in a fast-paced and thought-provoking environment with like-minded people
• Develop advanced professional and consultative skills needed to advance in your chosen career path
• Exposure to high-profile clients including banks, insurance firms, funds, credit unions through a variety of engagements
• Exposure to the most advance modeling techniques used in the financial services industry Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who is/has:
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as actuarial science, statistics, and mathematical finance, ideally FSA with 5+ years of experience
• Strong technical skills including Axis, Excel, VBA, and Python. Knowledge of programming is an asset
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities/projects
• Ability to explain complex actuarial and financial modeling techniques in a simple and concise way
• Ability to work independently and in cross-functional team settings
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Pays great attention to details
• Takes initiatives and ownership of projects
• Ability to lead a team of analysts Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production