At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG International acts as a coordinating entity, carrying out business activities for the benefit of KPMG firms. More than 2,500 talented colleagues make up the KPMG International team, with a focus on ensuring global consistency and providing expertise to support member firms in the achievement of KPMG's Trust and Growth ambition. KPMG International is comprised of a number of high-performing global teams, including: Global Advisory, Global Audit, Global Clients & Markets, Global Corporate Affairs, Global People, Global Quality and Risk Management, Global Tax & Legal, Global Technology and Knowledge, the International Office of General Counsel, and the Office of Chief Administrative Officer. Working together, our global team is changing the way our business operates, delivering value to our member firms and driving positive change in the communities we serve.
The mandated of Global L&D is to develop and execute a global learning strategy in partnership with both global and member firm leadership that builds the capabilities needed to achieve KPMG's business strategies and priority annual business goals.
Our Global Strategic Plans require a consistent KPMG-wide approach to building the skills and competences needed to transform our business and achieve our goals of Growth and Trust. Global L&D works closely with the business to identify/design/curate, develop, coordinate and deliver high quality, efficient and effective learning and performance support solutions directly aligned to KPMG's needs and requirements.
Global L&D is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of the L&D strategies for:
- Global Audit, Global Tax and Legal, and Global Advisory
- Global strategic cross-functional opportunities
We work with the business as performance consultants bringing together member first to identify and design programs critical to support our global strategy in the most effective and cost-efficient manner. The audience for the performance and learning solutions provided by Global L&D is very diverse and encompasses all employees of KPMG globally - partners, professionals and support staff.
Solutions include performance and knowledge management support, formal training (both digital, virtual and in-classroom), learning on-the-job opportunities and learning through collaboration with others. Program execution and design take place where it is most logical to occur and can include uplifting member firm solutions and co-creation with direct member firm involvement. As part of our mission, Global L&D works with the business and member firm L&D teams to continue to build and strengthen a continuous learning culture including channels for both format and informal learning.
This also includes identifying and implementing new and innovative approaches to learning, such as leveraging new and existing digital learning solutions and appropriate learning and collaboration technology platforms with support from Global People Technology and Information Technology Services.
The Global L&D organization has adopted an agile development approach. In this model, it retains a team of professionals who are assembled based on the project needs. Skills needed by the team include project management, instructional design skills and course development /programming. As projects are identified, individuals on the team are assembled based on the nature and degree of skills they possess to meet the project demands.
The Manager, Instructional Design reports to the Project Execution and Resourcing Lead for assigned projects in any function (Global Advisory, Global Audit, Global Cross-functional, Global Tax and Legal, ad hoc Global projects) and is responsible for consulting with the specific project lead for the assignment. The individual provides sound instructional design and develop content in any modality as determined through the design discussions following established and acceptable adult learning principles.
The role requires some flexibility to work irregular work hours to accommodate multiple time zones and manage work in a global environment. What you will do Business execution and Continuous Improvement
- Supports the Performance Solutions Lead, in scoping proposed learning and/or performance solutions and preparing the High-Level Design Document and associated resource requirements for small, medium, large or complex projects AND/OR
- Supports the scoping of proposed learning/performance solutions for small to medium complex projects and assists with preparation of the High-Level Design Document and associated budget requirements for approval by the Performance Solutions Lead, the Strategic Business Partner and the respective business leaders.
Supports detailed design and development activities for assigned projects
- Supports the Project Lead and Project manager in identifying and engaging needed resources.
- Supports the detailed design and development activities for assigned projects.
- Provides background and contextual information for the assigned project team.
- Ensures the timeline and appropriate engagement of SMEs throughout the end-to-end design and development cycle.
- Supports the project team in identifying the most appropriate modality for the learner and performance solutions.
- Supports the instructional design activities and development of course content.
- Supports the development of instructor briefings, trainings and liaises with external vendors are required.
- Supports the Project Lead and PMO to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and meeting the business needs.
Team and professional leadership:
- Develops content for any modality, including but not limited to: ILTs, VILTs, videos, electronic performance solutions, e-learning modules, focused on building technical, business and leadership capabilities or a blend of these for a variety of audiences (from KPMG partners to professionals from all functions or levels in the firm).
- Support the Performance Solution Leads, Project Leads, Instructional
- Designers and SMEs in designing solutions:
- Assists in the research and gathering of solution content
- Provides feedback on proposed flow and sequence of the content
- Proposes edits to the solution content
- Identifies relevant interactive design alternatives for inclusion in the solution that will most effectively accomplish the business objectives and learning outcomes
- Provides input and feedback on individuals providing support to the project in terms of job accountabilities and performance on the project.
- Leverage Global L&D networking channels to share ideas, best practices and content, as appropriate.
What you bring to the roleExperience & Knowledge
- Global L&D
- Business stakeholders
- Other resources as required
3+ years experience in:
Skills & Qualifications
- Adult learning design and development
- Performance solutions design and development
- Project management
- Budget management
- Innovative e-learning design
- Micro-learning design principles
- Design Thinking
Keys to your success:
- Delivers exceptional client experiences
- Seeks insights and perspectives
- Works collaboratively
- Takes ownership of development
- Organizes and structures work
- Delivers relevant solutions
- Shares knowledge
- Maintains drive and resilience
- Understands the broader context
Displays confidence and passion
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.