Permanent Reference code
:117662 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Saint John, NB; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
--Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that often deals with emerging risk issues of today's business environment? This is the role for you!What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
As a Manager in our Regulatory, Quality, Risk & Reputation team focused on the firm's venture investments and acquisition activities, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the firm maintains its compliance with the professional independence rules. This role will give you an opportunity to work with our firm's executive leadership and to gain in depth knowledge regarding the Canadian and international independence rules, as well as Deloitte policies, that our people and the firm must comply with. You embrace working in an agile work environment and are comfortable with corresponding with our team, Partners and professionals across the country and abroad. You will use your analytical skills to assess various investment scenarios, complicated transactions and to review financial statements and other financial information and legal documents. Working as part of a collaborative team, you will be responsible for effectively summarizing and communicating your findings and recommended conclusions to leadership.About the team
You will be working with our Regulatory, Quality, Risk & Reputation group, specifically with our firm transaction team within the Professional Independence group, a part of Deloitte's National Office. Professional Independence is a nimble and flexible team that is always evolving and adjusting as the firm's business evolves. We have an established team that supports the firm and its leadership on various investment and acquisition strategies and initiatives.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Experience in independence related matters in a Professional Services Firm or other relevant professional or regulatory rules (CPA designation, audit or legal experience is an asset)
- The ability to research and understand external regulations or supporting materials produced by IESBA, AICPA, PCAOB, Canadian Provincial Institutes and the SEC
- Experience with reading and basic understanding of financial information, financial statements and legal documents is preferred
- You have demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving based on information presented to you
- The ability to build relationships and establish trust with individuals at all levels, including the leaders, at the Firm though superior verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- French language written and oral skills is an asset.
- A love of working both independently and as part of a supportive and collaborative team in a very fast paced, agile and unstructured environment.
- Strong organization and project management skills: ability to prioritize work demands and meet deadlines
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Compliance, Law, Developer, Project Manager, Equity, Legal, Technology, Finance
Management and Executive