The Manager in Development (MID) position is expected to be a short-term transitional role that provides both work assignments and training opportunities to prepare MIDs to be promoted into management positions. Candidate for this position can be based anywhere in Ontario. Major Responsibilities:
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- Work closely with management staff to develop skill set.
- Take part in rotations with multiple departments, including but not limited to: dispatch, road supervision, safety, finance, and HR.
- Develop partnerships with location and corporate staff.
- Showcase your strong management foundation and knowledge of the business.
- Perform any related duties that are required or assigned.
- Learning Assignments:
2) Finance and Accounting
7) Human Resource
8) Labor Relations
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED with 3-4 years of Transportation/Logistics experience and/or 1-2 years of
supervisory experience. Bachelors degree is a Plus
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- 1 -2 years of previous experience as a retail manager or supervisor
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including morning, night and weekend shifts, and to work
overtime as needed
- Active Learning - Quickly process new information, knowledge, and experiences, regularly capitalizing
on learning opportunities, and applying new information.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Valid State Driver's License
- Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office
equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by
- Office & Field environmen t
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics