Requisition ID: 97386
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
Working within Global Risk Management, you will be responsible for driving improvements in collection strategies by leading the production of policies, strategies and data driven analyses that result in actionable insights that improve the Bank's loan losses & profitability.
Participate in the strategic management of debt collections by:
- Leading the design, implementation, monitoring and management of Collection strategies for Canadian portfolios to mitigate credit losses by testing and assigning appropriate treatments to delinquent accounts
- Ensuring all credit risks associated with collections are understood and quantified with effective management reporting, across all components of collections (People, Data, Process, Technology, Strategy, Control Quality and Vendor Management)
- Lead continuous improvement of all components of collections from a credit risk perspective, leveraging risk technology and by working within the minimum standards defined in the global collections policy
- Mitigating risks/loss to the Bank by ensuring adherence to credit risk management policies and operational guidelines
- Continue to be fully aware of industry trends and opportunities as related to technology, process and decision science
- Ensuring future enhancements continue to be identified and implemented
- Support reorganizations/projects to create a Collections organization that is aligned with business partner's strategic focu
Lead initiatives to strengthen the Collections risk and operational effectiveness and efficiency. Continually champion new growth opportunities which lend themselves to the Bank's goal of improving productivity, enhancing service and reducing costs by:
- Promoting the reengineering of processes to lower loan losses, improve dollars collected, improve productivity and reduce costs
- Drive continuous improvement in strategy effectiveness with focus on incremental profitability (i.e. losses avoided less cost to collect including incentives).
- Streamlining and/or integrating automation and technology
- Continually challenging the 'status quo' through innovation
- Support construction of a Centre of Excellence in Collections
- Must have two to three years' experience in credit risk and/or retail banking
- Must have experience with statistical software packages such as R, SAS or SQL
- Experience with Angoss Knowledge Seeker is preferable
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
- Degree in business, economics, statistics, or computer science
- Experience with using credit risk scores and their application in strategies
- Results driven individual with high level of curiosity and ability to dive into details without losing sight of the big picture
- Exceptional organization skills to prioritize, manage, and implement a variety of competing initiatives, on a concurrent or staggered basis
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Risk Management, Database, Bank, Data Analyst, Finance, Management, Technology, Data