You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
KPMG's financial crimes professionals help clients understand how certain individuals could be exploiting vulnerabilities within their organization.
In line with legislative requirements and industry best practices, we work with clients to identify, manage and mitigate their risk exposures to financial crimes by acting as subject matter experts in:
- Internal and external operational fraud
- Fraud data analytics, predictive analytics or machine learning
- Fraud management strategy
- Project and team management
- Internal and external fraud risk assessments
- Process optimization assessment
In order to continue its growth trajectory and achieve its full potential, our GTA Financial Crimes unit is looking for a Manager to help develop its financial crimes advisory practice and managed services team . What you will do
As the Manager within our Financial Crimes unit, you will work in collaboration with your colleagues to perform the work and produce deliverables as well as provide direction and leadership for critical aspects of the financial crimes advisory team, which includes:
What you bring to the role
- Leading a team of financial crimes consultants while being responsible for reviewing the team's deliverables to ensure they meet KPMG's standards of excellence and client needs
- Acting as a contributor to develop and grow KPMG's Financial Crimes advisory practice
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Making a significant contribution to business development activities to position KPMG's Financial Crimes practice both regionally and nationally
- Dealing regularly with clients to develop existing and new relationships while positioning our Financial Crimes advisory services in the market
- Participating in AMLTF/Fraud/CRS/FATCA and Economic Sanctions projects while ensuring complete client satisfaction
- Preparing complex documentation related to Financial Crimes such as policies, practices and risk assessments
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert for Financial Crimes and developing your skills to ensure we provide services in compliance with best practices, regulatory requirements and KPMG policies
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) - bilingual (French and English would be a key asset and make you a preferred candidate)
- Excellent communication, presentation and technical writing skills to describe ideas, concepts and questions requiring the interpretation, analysis and assessment of complex conceptual ideas
- Good grasp of financial products and services related to banking, insurance, asset management, securities and financial technology service providers (as well as understanding of the different delivery channels)
- Good knowledge of the IT environment in the banking services sector and available market solutions for fraud detection and authentication.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of Financial Crimes / Financial Services Fraud experience
- A Bachelor's degree in criminology, accounting, finance, business or any related field
- Knowledge of fraud typologies
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and best practices pertaining to AML, CTF, ABAC, Anti-Tax Evasion, Economic Sanctions and fraud
- CFE (certified fraud examiner), CAMS/CFCS (certified financial crime specialist) or other relevant designation is an asset.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance