EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insight and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building together a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities.
In Canada, our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team consists of dedicated financial reporting and accounting advisory professionals in five locations across the country. We combine technical accounting skills in IFRS, Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting process as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge.
We help finance leaders address the challenges and ongoing changes facing their business, and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. We partner with them to achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards policy implementation and convergence. In addition we create innovative commercial insights for clients, and drive improvements in business processes. Responsibilities:
• Plan, manage and participate in various engagements (researching application of accounting standards, review financial and governance processes, accounting framework transition, comparison of different company practices, develop and provide tailored training, and others) You'll have knowledge and experience in the following to qualify:
• Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs
• Participation in or supervise small engagement teams and review work performed based on level
• Establish and maintain relationship with client management
• Understand the client's industry sector and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
• Stay informed of new economic developments and their impact on clients
• Continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
• Attend training programs to continually develop skills
• Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams
• Prepare proposals and realize business development plans through a strong professional network.
• A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 3-7 years' relevant experience along with Canadian CPA designation EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
• Audit or business experience in financial statement close or the application of accounting standards
• Experience with life and/or property and casualty insurance is a necessity
• Knowledge of IFRS 17 is an asset
• Demonstrate proficiency in key concepts and principles related to process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings
• Strong client relationship skills
• A dedication to teamwork and leadership
• Bilingual (English/French) Is an asset
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019