100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting
Develops detailed financial and economic analysis to assist the designated business portfolio with decision support. Works closely with business leaders and Finance partners to provide financial advice and service that supports the financial management activities of the Group/portfolio. Supports the monitoring and management of financial performance against plans, forecasts, initiatives and objectives. Generates information and insights that support key business decisions to drive value (e.g., revenue growth, cost management, resource allocation, balance sheet optimization, etc.)
We're here to help
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- May own internal/external stakeholder relationships.
- Supports/Leads financial planning, forecasting and performance reviews that utilize plan, forecast and actual financial information to develop annual plans and targets.
- Performs variance analyses, and ad-hoc forward-looking analyses to improve understanding of business drivers as well as opportunities to improve performance for product improvement, profit improvement, financial impact of initiatives/strategic business decisions.
- Supports the development of methodologies and policies to enable analyses and insights focused on financial dimensions (e.g., revenue, expense, balance sheet, capital, etc.).
- Determines the financial impact of initiatives/ strategic business decisions, and incorporate the impacts into future financial forecasts/plans.
- Assesses reasonableness of business cases and performs due-diligence during Investment reviews and approvals processes.
- Works with the business to align key performance indicators with financial forecasts and plans.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide financial insights and recommendations.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources (e.g. financial and operational systems) to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Acts as a trusted financial advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making e.g., economics, treasury, competitor information.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing