100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting
Supports the management of the business/group, providing advice and service on financial management activities in alignment with Group/enterprise goals and governance standards. Acts as a financial centre of competence and strategic partner for the business/group supporting short, medium and long term objectives; provides decision support, including information, expertise, advice and recommendations on opportunities and exposures. Monitors performance against financial plans, forecasts, initiatives and objectives, escalating issues as required.
We're here to help
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group; assesses the financial performance and condition of the business.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives; ensures solutions are aligned with business and enterprise goals.
- Recommends and implements financial management solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Works with the business to align key performance indicators with financial forecasts/plans and initiatives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans; assessment of opportunities; determines the financial impact of initiatives/strategic decisions.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide Financial-related insights and recommendations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Acts as liaison between stakeholders in order to align agendas and ensure a clear understanding of the business context.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks financial performance, and addresses any issues.
- Manages the coordination & analysis of financial and operational highlights of the business; works with others service teams to deliver reporting, planning and forecasting requirements.
- Co-ordinates financial governance, compliance and attestation reporting as necessary.
- Reviews financial information for reasonableness and highlights/escalates areas of interest or concern.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting designation preferred.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance