100 King Street West
Supports the execution of accurate and efficient cyclical reporting processes for regulatory and management information and note disclosure in financial statements to internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies. Works across BMO to deliver specific project/program results in alignment with overall group goals. Supports an efficient and effective Accounting function which uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, increases service level performance and minimizes risk.
- Pulling reporting data and preparing key financial and regulatory reports.
- Reviewing the data for accuracy by performing key reconciliations, checks and trending analysis.
- Providing specialized support to initiate, investigate and resolve complex data issues identified for timely resolution.
- Ensuring strong governance and effective controls across reporting activities and information in accordance with enterprise standards.
- Submitting prepared reports to the Credit Reporting team for their review and supporting further data investigations and resolutions as required.
- Collaborating with stakeholders both internally within Finance Hub and Regulatory Reporting Group, COE and across other Functions across BMO, including Risk and T&O to resolve issues.
- Work with Credit Reporting team to identify processes that are a good candidate for enhancement, streamlining and automation.
- Collect key requirements and work with relevant stakeholders to recommend and implement solutions based on analysis of issues and consider all implications for the Credit Reporting team.
- Partake in meetings with project teams to ensure the project delivers all that is required for effected reports.
- Support Change Management programs and process changes.
- Partake in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as required.
- Work closely with the Credit Reporting team and provide key documentation for Review and sign off by the COE.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Provides specialized support to investigate and resolve complex issues as escalated end-users or assigned by management.
- Participates in initiatives as a subject matter expert for an aspect(s) of financial reporting systems or business process.
- Reviews the reporting program/processes for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Manages relationships with end-users, other stakeholders to support change management and program/process changes.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards for regulators and executive level reviews.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Leads in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Supports the production of financial, regulatory, and management reporting requirements.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service for monthly, quarterly and annual processes for reporting.
- Analyses data and information to provide financial, regulatory and related risk insights and recommendations.
- Supports the interpretation and definition of internal and external policies and regulatory requirements e.g. credit reporting.
- Ensures strong governance and effective controls across finance & accounting activities and information in accordance with enterprise standards.
- Provides attestation to the validity of financial results and highlight significant information including variances, trends, opportunities and exposures to their Manager.
- Provides information and support the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field of study (e.g., Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, MIS or equivalent)l
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Intermediate experience with SQL.
- Experience with data governance and data management principles and processes.
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience in areas such as risk/portfolio management and analysis, banking/trading product operations, finance/accounting, liquidity risk management, and information systems with a strong mix of domain knowledge and technical skills.
- Strong natural affinity for structuring and organizing large amounts of data to satisfy continually evolving reporting needs.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of real estate, loans, leases, securities, and/or derivatives.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Results oriented and delivery focused.
- Adaptable to frequently changing reporting requirements and varied work assignments.
- Able to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines.
Individual Contributor / CollaborateurWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance