Requisition ID: 114441
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Canadian Banking Finance is a divisional finance function providing financial management and analytical support to Canadian Banking Executive Management, as well as to the Business Line management in Retail, Automotive Lending, Small Business, Commercial Banking & Tangerine areas
The Manager will be a member of the Expense Management Team. Expense Planning is a critical function for the Canadian Banking division. The team has the responsibility for ensuring effective expense management and optimization of business investments with Canadian Banking's strategic priorities.
The incumbent will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of Canadian Banking expenses, quarterly forecast and updates, annual profit plan, 5 Year Base Case Projections and the three-year strategic plan. Key Accountabilities:
Experience / Education:
- Support forecasting and planning processes as it relates to Canadian Banking business partners and support groups:
- Support the delivery of forecasts and profit plans, including: Post quarterly forecasts, Pre quarter forecasts, 5 Year Base Case plan, Stress Testing, 3 Year Strategic Plan and Annual Profit plan as it relates to support groups and their associated allocation expenses
- Ensure the timely collection of data from the support groups.
- Complete analytic reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness of deliverables and understand relevant performance of the business
- Co-ordinate and communicate deliverables among the support groups
- Work with the support groups to provide comprehensive commentary on submitted expense forecasts and plans
- Support the end to end planning and forecasting process, including template and consolidation model updates
- Respond to queries from senior management and Canadian Banking on the business line plan and forecast submissions
- Subject matter expert as it relates to CB expense,
- Perform adhoc analysis as requried, in support of Canadian Banking Distribution Channels and Product teams.
- Analyze CB expense results and forecasts in an effort to understand variances and the impact to forecast and/or plan
- Particpate in the resolution of issues resulting from analysis
- Added value analysis to provide senior management business insights into expense results
- Subject matter expert as it relates to Expense reporting, planning and forecasting tools, including Hyperion and EGL/OBI/Smartview:
- On behalf of CB Finance ensure COFA changes are captured properly
- Support Plan and forecast submissions in Hyperion Planning tool, ensuring accuracy through reconciliations
- Support the development and testing of the planning and forecasting tools
- Works under the direction of the Senior Manager and Director in efforts to enhance expense analysis, planning and forecasting processes:
- Develop added value for CB Finance through the continous streamlining of forecasting porcesses to improve productivity
- Provides coaching and training to colleagues and business partners on expense management processes
This is a temporary role until Nov 2022.
- A solid understanding of financial and management reporting principles; ability to sustain a broad-based knowledge of the Bank's and Canadian Banking's strategy, operations and procedures.
- Strong communication skills (listening, documentation and presentation skills); ability to work effetively in a team environment with peers and superiors acorss organization lines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and stewardship capabilities in a complex and changing environment.
- A superior understanding of elements of effective control over integrity and completeness of financial reporting; attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high-quality results under very tight deadlines; continuously assess priorities and business requirements, and balance between regular deliverables and priority Executive requests.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience. A professional accounting designation or MBA is preferred. Advanced user proficiency with computer applications, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Hyperion, and any other productivity tools.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Temporary, ERP, Finance, Technology, Contract
Banking, Finance and Insurance