Manager – Enterprise Information Management
Reference ID: OTT000EJ
We are currently seeking a highly motivated manager to support the build-out of our National Enterprise Information Management (EIM) practice, joining our existing teams in both Edmonton and Ottawa. As a member of our team, you will be part of a talented group of professionals who specialize in advising public sector and highly-regulated entities. Our team addresses clients' issues by conducting assessments, developing strategies, gathering requirements and implementing solutions to improve information management, records management and information governance. We focus providing our services to federal departments, provincial ministries, crown corporations, regional and municipal governments and other highly-regulated industries.
Your Key Responsibilities
• The Enterprise Information Management (EIM) Manager serves as a key resource in helping with delivery of significant business transformation projects, with a focus on information management. In this role, a manager is expected to:
• Develop long-term client relationships; collaborate with account teams to qualify for and quantify information management type projects; and, support the associated business development lifecycle
• Advise clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization's capabilities
• Manage project teams through all phases of the engagement lifecycle from opportunity identification to project closure, lending specific subject matter knowledge to the design and execution of each phase of the project
• Willingness to travel to meet client needs
Skills and attributes for success
• Capable of delivering in a collaborative team environment and individually
• Experience with delivering and managing engagements from identification through to implementation
• Experience working in Big Four, global management consulting firms or similar experience focused on the government and public sector
• Experience in maintaining relationships with current clients and identify new prospects
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
• Highly established interpersonal skills required to facilitate effective face-to-face interactions with clients, along with a firm understanding of the impacts associated with business transformations
• Proven ability to earn the trust of others and develop deep relationships across the organization
• Comfortable researching client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop staff
To qualify for the role you must have
• Have appropriate educational qualifications and/or professional accreditations with direct, demonstrable work experience at a manager level
• Demonstrate a minimum of eight years of experience conducting projects focused on topics such as: information and records management; information governance; business transformation or business performance improvement; change management and communications; operating model and organizational design; business case analysis and preparation; and, the role of technology in service delivery
Experience should include in the past five years some of the following activities:
• Assessing, designing and implementing end-to-end information architectures
• Proficiently performing information management-driven current/future state assessments and roadmap exercises
• Assessing, designing and implementing information governance initiatives including governance models, roles and responsibilities, processes, procedures and guidelines
• Developing and translating business requirements and business use cases into functional specifications for configuration of information systems such as OpenText Content Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.
• Government and public sector knowledge and experience
• Knowledge and experience working with various client organizations such as: provincial ministries; crown corporations; broader public service entities; public utilities; regional and municipal government entities; public service delivery agencies; and, other highly-regulated industries
• Must be eligible to receive suitable security clearance.
Ideally, you'll also have
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
What we look for
We are looking for the next generation of outstanding leaders to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you are someone who exhibits a strong commitment to lead projects to completion on time and within budget.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: March 17, 2019
Closes: May 16, 2019