At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries, have more than 220,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG International acts as a coordinating entity, carrying out business activities for the benefit of KPMG firms. More than 2,500 talented colleagues make up the KPMG International team, with a focus on ensuring global consistency and providing expertise to support member firms in the achievement of KPMG's Trust and Growth ambition. KPMG International is comprised of a number of high-performing global teams, including: Global Advisory, Global Audit, Global Clients & Markets, Global Corporate Affairs, Global People, Global Quality and Risk Management, Global Tax & Legal, Global Technology and Knowledge, the International Office of General Counsel, and the Office of Chief Administrative Officer. Working together, our global team is changing the way our business operates, delivering value to our member firms and driving positive change in the communities we serve. The Opportunity
Platform Operations provides support and expertise for One Platform to member firms and global functions and for globally managed services. Support at both Tier 2 & 3 levels are available as well as enhanced support options for departments that need them.
Operational Support areas are grouped in three Chapters:
- Cloud Enterprise: Azure services, Connectivity, Gateways, Core Infrastructure and Security.
- Digital Workplace: Identity Management, O365, Messaging, Teams Chat, Voice and Collaboration.
- Service Management: Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Security Compliance, Service Continuity and ServiceNow delivery
The Senior Engineer (Digital Workplace) is primarily focused on providing expert IDM, M365, & Messaging reliability engineering. The engineer will play a lead role in operational issues, representing the Platform Operations Team. The Senior Engineer (Digital Workplace) is responsible for maintaining and improving operational steady state of Digital Workplace products & services. Currently this role focuses on Identity Management, M365, Messaging, Teams Chat, Voice & Collaboration but, in the future, may also include Microsoft Dynamics. It is expected that the Senior Engineer is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least 3 technology areas within the Digital Workplace technology families with IDM being the primary focus of this position, strong DevOps knowledge and strong scripting ability in PowerShell. What you will do
What you bring to the roleExperience and Knowledge
- Accountable for leading the technical implementation of operational improvements within the Chapter; including, but not limited to, full end to end automation of as many processes as possible using PowerShell, GitOps as a paradigm, focused on implementing and embedding Site Reliability Engineering processes in the day to day operation of the team.
- Accountable for ensuring adherence to guidelines and best practices by colleagues in the tier 3 & tier 2 support teams, improving operational stability as a result.
- Responsible for mentoring less senior members of the Chapter as well as providing technical guidance to Management and Leadership on operational issues
- Responsible for technical expertise in any projects they are assigned to, with a particular focus on ensuring any product delivered by a project is reliable and supportable by the Chapter.
- Accountable for assessing our vendors/suppliers continually for their suitability in providing services pertaining to the Chapter's responsibilities.
Keys to your success
- 5+ Years of hands-on and leadership experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-vendor environment in a multi-discipline team across countries with sound knowledge in building effective working relationships.
- Experience of implementing / using GitOps including CI/CD Pipelines, Git Repositories and scripted automation (powershell) DevOps, and Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering concepts with focus on removing Toil where possible.
- Strong business stakeholder management;
- Understanding of ITIL processes, SLA's and KPI's, cost of service, risk & security.
- Experience with IDM,M365, Messaging, EUS, and modern project methodologies such as Agile technologies, and understanding of technology architecture in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management or related field or acquired academic level by working experience or relevant industry renowned certifications.
- End User experience and knowledge including advanced understanding of Microsoft M365 Cloud services, Identity, Access Management, Messaging, etc. Microsoft certification is a strong plus.
- Experience with ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards
- Preferable Lean/Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- Agile/Scrum certification is a plus
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.