Requisition ID: 133546
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose:
Contributes to the overall success of the Data Office in ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the Bank's Data Strategy. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities:
• Works with Enterprise and Local Data Stewards to create Data Management strategies to ensure successful implementation of use cases
• Provides consultative support to Heads of Data on the establishment of local data office operating model and Data Steward onboarding where applicable
• Responsible for project and portfolio level reporting for all initiatives/projects engaged with; includes tracking, status reporting, executive dashboard etc.
• Responsible to develop, manage and track stakeholder relationships in application such as Salesforce
• Responsible to complete stakeholder engagement reporting within Salesforce, with the intent to develop executive engagement dashboards
• Provides consultative support to business lines and project teams on the execution of data management policy, standard, processes etc., as appropriate
• Establishes and maintains stakeholder and executive management relationships to effectively influence strategic priorities
• Act as the point person to ensure assigned initiatives are accomplished. This includes initiative hand off, project onboarding, and delivery.
• Determine data management activities, artifacts and milestones required for assigned data projects project.
• Performs initiative resourcing estimates with resource leads, including assigning people to roles and identifying and engaging required SMEs.
• Hosts project meetings with teams ; providing updates on milestones, high-level target architecture, RACI, workflow, communication and team norms.
• Work with teams and scrum master to develop risk mitigated strategies to ensure successful implementation and maintenance of re-useable datasets. Escalates blockers and issues to Data Office leadership for resolution
• Builds talent within the Data OfficeRequirements & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of data management processes and best practices
• Proven delivery experience, Agile experience an asset
• Knowledge of Scotiabank's operations in order to understand and lead the implementation of strategic initiatives across a number of disciplines preferred
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions, especially related to data and analytics
• Exceptional leadership skills to review processes and procedures to create efficiencies, eliminate duplication and provide organization support to achieve business objectives
• Strong relationship management with an ability to establish productive relationships between various leaders, departments and partners across the organization
• Ability to manage significant transformation change initiatives while maintaining a high level of employee engagement and focus
• Well-developed communication skills including precise articulation of ideas and opinions in order to prepare detailed business cases and proposals
• Solution oriented and ability to develop and create innovative solutions to critical business or organizational data issues
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, CA-PPM, MS Projects are assets
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Bank, Banking, Developer, Data Management, Technology, Finance, Data
Banking, Finance and Insurance Information Technology